Options

Taking the Sec + on Monday

Krusty_47Krusty_47 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I just passed the Network + on Nov 30th and now I'm on to Security +. I have finished Darril's book and when through all the practice exams. I did ok missing 2-4 on each and took the Practice exam and only missed 7. With only studying for maybe 10 days total I'm thinking I'm going to be fine.

Over the weekend I'm going to take some transcender exams and hopefully run through the CBT nuggets series on it before the test.(Just so you know I have free access to both transcender and CBT nuggets through work.)

I will post results from the transcenders later. You guys have been a great help and I want to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences.

Next up after this is renewing my A+ from 2000 so I can have it apply to my WGU transfer credits. Hmmm 7-10 days and a holiday...What fun!
Goals for 2011.

Graduate from WGU by Dec 2011. I have almost 80 CU's starting in February. This is also my new years resolution for 2011.

On the list for January 2011
Project+ and CIW Foundations.

Comments

• Options
    WILDSWILDS Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my Network+ on December 6th and looking to get Security+ done for next Monday. I bought Darril's book (Kindle version) for my PC this morning and got through the first five chapters. It will be a busy weekend. I will look to rush right into an MCSA starting January. If I don't put off my test a week, I'll report here how I do Monday. Good luck Krusty!
  • Options
    Krusty_47Krusty_47 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WILDS wrote: »
    I passed my Network+ on December 6th and looking to get Security+ done for next Monday. I bought Darril's book (Kindle version) for my PC this morning and got through the first five chapters. It will be a busy weekend. I will look to rush right into an MCSA starting January. If I don't put off my test a week, I'll report here how I do Monday. Good luck Krusty!

Same to you. I don't know about anyone else but I thought the book was a good read and I remembered a lot of what I read. When you take the network+ everything is either something you have already learned or just fills in some gaps and really makes a lot a sense.

I can say I feel really confident about the exam. It's been a crazy one crazy run so far and I have 3 more exams to go before Jan 25th. I think I can fit in a recert of A+, project+ and Windows 7 before I start classes.
    Goals for 2011.

Graduate from WGU by Dec 2011. I have almost 80 CU's starting in February. This is also my new years resolution for 2011.

On the list for January 2011
    Project+ and CIW Foundations.
  • Options
    cspring72cspring72 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck to each of you taking the tests.
  • Options
    WILDSWILDS Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Woo hoo! Passed with an 859, compared to Network+, Security+ was a breeze!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif Great score!

Did you find Darrils' book helpful? I started reading it Tuesday and plan to take the test in about 2 or 3 weeks!