Want to get back on the CCNA Horse

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
So I would like to resume studying for this cert and I have two questions.

1. There were rumors on Chris Bryant's blog that the CCNA was going to go for an update. Has the exam been updated yet?

2. I have the following books: Lammle's CCNA and the CISCO books, are these books still good to use?

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cisco will usually give people a 5-6 month warning to finish a certification AFTER they officially announce any major change to the certification track. The CCNA is getting "old" -- but there has been no announcement.

And other than comments about "it's been a while since the last CCNA update," there are surprisingly few CCNA rumors. I think CiscoLive! in London is the next event to watch for an announcement -- but people were spreading rumors in August because of the US CiscoLive! event.

Todd's 6th Edition and Wendell's 3 edition of the Cisco Press CCNA Certification Library are the current versions. I think Wendell's individual books are 2nd edition.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    From a Q&A stand point i guess the exam is getting old. However i am not to sure what has been updated from a technological stand point regarding network foundation technology. Last i remember RIP and RIPv2 are still RIP and RIPV2, OSPF and OSFPv3 is still OSPF/OSPFv3, STP basics are still STP basics lol etc etc you get my drift.

Anyhow, if there is an update, always go for the new. Since we dont know yet, just study for whatever is out now.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX