Options

Passed that mother with a 781

BossDawgBossDawg Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Do I care that I passed with a 781, nawicon_rolleyes.gif
do I care that I passed, hell yea.icon_lol.gif

I look at it like this, it's like football you have a win and a lose collumnicon_cheers.gif
this exam is the same way Pass/ Fail. the score is mox nox. icon_exclaim.gif

Read all the question you want for the web, back of books, etc. If you don't know the material you ain't passin. Plan and simple. I had maybe 10 question total that matched the ones you see posted, printed in different places.

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dawg, congratulations!! Welcome to da mother-*blank*in' club!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! What's up next for you?
  • Options
    BossDawgBossDawg Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    VCP4, End of Feburary
  • Options
    cspring72cspring72 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    burner27burner27 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!

Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I love the end of year passing fest. CONGRATS! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Yeah I'm afraid, as I saw someone point out in another thread, that come the 1st, this place will turn into a ghost town =\

Funny too OP used a football reference, I use one for all CompTIA tests...

Always go with the play on the field. When you go back to review a question (review the play), unless there is IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE that you should change the call (answer), leave it as is. You can always TALK yourself into another answer, but if nothing is presenting itself, move on and leave it with your original gut answer.

I think ive changed maybe 3 answers total out of all 4 (technically 5?) CompTIA exams I've taken. MAYBE 3. I'm not even sure why i mark ones that ive already answered for review. LOL.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think ive changed maybe 3 answers total out of all 4 (technically 5?) CompTIA exams I've taken. MAYBE 3. I'm not even sure why i mark ones that ive already answered for review. LOL.

Sounds silly, and it's probably my fault, but I don't even bother. The way I figure, I either knew my ____ or I didn't. If I didn't, I did not study hard enough.

When it comes to MS exams, it might be a different story...but for every cert that I have thus far (including CIW v5...lmao), it's pretty much answer and go.

Again, sounds silly...maybe had I changed something in Security+, I'd have had a 900 or something, but after 40-50 minutes...I just want to click done and call it a day.
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I always mark tons for review. maybe 15-20, if I'm not 80%+ sure about it. Maybe because I don't like taking a long time thinking about single questions. I do hate being <50% complete during a test though. Something about that really troubles me.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I almost never change my answer, I think I have changed 2... granted I think I have changed them to the right answer, but I pretty much have the same feelings as erpdmin on this
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    deezdeez Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am new to this forum. Since you just passed the exam, I was wondering if you could give some examples of the questions that were on the test as I am going to take it on Tuesday morning. I just completed the network security class and have been using certblaster and various other practice exams. The book I used for the class is security+ guide to network security fundamentals by Mark Ciampa, is that any good? I am very nervous. What are most questions on and what should I concentrate on besides all the objectives? any help is greatly appreciated.

tanx