Options

Monday, Monday...

TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm hoping I'll finish that line with "so good to me" instead of "can't trust that day"!

My studying so far: I read Darril's book once; I took the assessment test first (epic fail; missed 37 of 78 ) then read a chapter a day, taking the chapter's questions the following day and missing no more that 1-4 questions per chapter. I then re-took the assessment test and missed only 12 of 78. Reviewed the book again this past week, hitting my trouble areas. I took the final test today missing only 8 of 100. (Each of these tests were taken "cold turkey" with no cramming beforehand.)

Tomorrow I'll hit Darril's book one more time to go over the trouble spots, do a once-over on the techexams' TechNotes, and maybe a few test questions from my Element K book/cd.

My result today made me feel pretty good, although I wished Darril's final exam had the topics mixed up instead of in order of the book's chapters. (Incidently, I think number 79 on his final exam is wrong; using carbon dioxide will protect personnel? Page 395 clearly states the risks of CO2.)

My exam is scheduled for 10:30am at a familiar test site, so I'll have plenty of time to drive the 35 miles there, relax with some juice and a danish, do some last minute review, and then knock this sucker out.

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck on the test!!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You sound like you're good to go.

Good luck!
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I only had 2 weeks to study for it, and I did good on the end of chapter tests of Darril's book, but still a little low on the assessment and practice tests and I still came out with an 835
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Thanks for the good wishes, everyone.

Today I retook the Assessment exam and missed 8 of 78. Not as good as I had hoped, but the misses were either in my known trouble areas or, in the case of two of them, just sloppy reading on my part. (Slow down, already!)

I'm currently going over a couple of the trickier items (need I say Chapter 9...?), but I'm trying to tell myself to get to bed early and not drive myself crazy.

I'll post back tomorrow evening with my score.
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Yeah definitely don't drive yourself crazy. Stay calm and focused, if you psyche yourself out for it, you may get things wrong that you actually know and do even worse.
  • Options
    Passed with an 833. Glad this is behind me now!

There was quite a bit that was not covered in Darril's book, although from my score it is apparent that I either knew the answers, guessed good, or they were beta questions.

While achieving the 833, there were 11 objective areas where I missed one or more questions. Too bad they don't tell you how many you missed in total.

Once again, I must say this site is a great resource and a great community!
  • Options
    Krusty_47Krusty_47 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!! I just passed today also. If feels really good. What are you going for next?
    Goals for 2011.

Graduate from WGU by Dec 2011. I have almost 80 CU's starting in February. This is also my new years resolution for 2011.

On the list for January 2011
    Project+ and CIW Foundations.
  • Options
    Krusty_47 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!!! I just passed today also. If feels really good. What are you going for next?

Hey! Congratulations on your pass, too!

While my employer doesn't pay for testing, they have no problem shelling out $$$ for training (go figure!), so next month I'm attending a week long CISSP class. I'll probably continue in the Security field.

And you? What's next?