Options

Any Suggestions on Prep test for the Security+

dan101dan101 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All:

I am looking to invest in some good quality at a reasonable price Practice Exams (limited budget) on the CompTIA Security+ certification SY0-201 exam, which I am planning to write it soon before the deadline (Dec 31, 2010), don't like the idea to renew my certs every 3 yrs, I think that's expensive if your at the entry-level in the IT Industry.

What I used in the past?

MasterExam LearnKey
Ucertify.com
Preplogic
measureup
Transcenders
Kaplan Selftest (I think its similar to transcenders, but cheaper $69.00? for 30 days access)

let me know if there's any good ones that I should know about?

thx

Dan

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dan...have you looked to see if there are even seats available in your testing centers? You might not have a choice.

To answer your questions...I used MeasureUp and Transcenders. Both were ok...but the best questions came from Darril Gibson's Get Certified Get Ahead. No, there is not CD...all the questions are in the book, but had I only used that book by itself, with the practice exams, I would have passed.

But you may want to book like right now if you haven't already...otherwise you better hope and pray you find a testing center two-three states away. LOL.