Options

CCNT Cert

I3astardsI3astards Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Im currently studying my Network+ cert. After getting the cert (fingers crossed) I want to look onto doing other courses and I can see the CCNT would be good as a work for a telecoms company (we offer VoiP).

CTP+ Certified | Powered by Certification Partners

My question is, how much of a step up is CCNT compared to Network+? Im looking at doing an Avaya course at some point and the CCNT looks a good course to do first, what do you think?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Double post from:

Ccnt - TechExams.net IT Certification Forums

Not to throw you out there with mal-intent, but double posting is becoming way too common icon_redface.gif

I haven't messed with a convergence or CTP exam but I feel like you should go with the vendor that your telecom company offers first (it seems in this case Avaya) and then come back to vendor neutral to round you out. I don't know how much experience you have or how close to a promotion you are but I feel that having a grasp on the technologies offered at the company currently will give you an edge when it comes to internal hiring (amongst other performance factors).
  • Options
    Yeah I didnt know which forum to post in so I did both, but point taken.

Good point, that you have made there.

However, did you find that the CCNT was much harder than Network+ ?? I can see you have both certs.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I3astards wrote: »
    Yeah I didnt know which forum to post in so I did both, but point taken.

Good point, that you have made there.

However, did you find that the CCNT was much harder than Network+ ?? I can see you have both certs.

Np man. I think I'm realizing you mean the CCENT and not the Convergence CompTIA exam. :)

I actually went A+ -> CCENT -> Net+. It took me about 2 weeks after the CCENT to study enough to beat the Net+. To me the Net+ was easy because I took a CCENT/CCNA class, watched the nuggets and labbed like crazy; imagine a broader CCENT without sims. My toughest issue was remembering WAN capabilities and the different types of connections. Either way you take the exams, they build on each other and compliment each other. For some taking the Net+ first sets a strong foundation for vendor specific networking. I took Cisco first because I'm a hands on guy.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CCENT is Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician
    CCNT is Certified in Convergent Network Technologies.

Please clarify which one you are looking for. These are cisco forums, so some of us might assume a type-o and that you mean CCENT. CCNT is a Comp-TIA certification.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    Hi All,

I am referring to the below course (CCNT Certified in Convergent Network Technologies)

CTP+ Certified | Powered by Certification Partners

I will do the Net+ first but want to know if anyonre has done the CCNT and what they think etc ??
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I3astards wrote: »
    I will do the Net+ first but want to know if anyonre has done the CCNT and what they think etc ??
    CCNT and CCENT are completely different certifications from completely different companies. You should use that other thread you started as this is the Cisco CCENT/CCNA forum.