Options

icnd2...but...hmm

iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
getting reading for the icnd2 but i see a lot of topics in todd's book that i am not quite sure are important to pass the exams. specifically, time based acls and reflexive acls. i know someone will post the exam objectives and point out that acls are listed and anything is fair game. i am looking for more input than that. i assume since they only amount to a few paragraphs, they are not so important.

any takers?
CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Study it anyways. It might come and get you on the test. For example, the objectives don't talk about multi area OSPF but I did labs on it anyways because it's in the book. The more you know, the better you're off.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Cisco is a way of life. Why study just to pass an exam? Why not study to learn the material inside and out?

Anyone can study a specific blueprint and go take an exam, but actually understanding the material is a feeling that, once felt, is addictive.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Monkerz wrote: »
    Cisco is a way of life. Why study just to pass an exam? Why not study to learn the material inside and out?

Anyone can study a specific blueprint and go take an exam, but actually understanding the material is a feeling that, once felt, is addictive.

This pretty much sums it my feelings on it. The CCNA exam topics are only the beginning of what you need to know.

And even if I wanted to break the NDA and tell you exactly what I saw and didn't see on the exam, it wouldn't necessarily be of any use to you. There's only so many questions on the exam. If I didn't see something, it won't mean that you definitely won't see it.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Monkerz wrote: »

Agreed. This is why I quote mike in my signature.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    In the grand scheme of things, it's only an extra few commands to learn. The theory behind them is easy, the names pretty much describe what they do.
  • Options
    jbylsmajbylsma Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the ICND2 and didnt pass. I don't mean to discourage you by any means but just no that in comparison to ICND1 it was an entirely different animal.

I passed the ICND1 with over 90% correct and failed the ICND2 with about 75%
    It's not that I was unfamiliar with the ICND2 objectives but that the caliber of questions are much more complex and time consuming.

Scenario questions up the wazoo!!

This is what I wasn't prepared for. So my advice is be ready to answer alot of complex scenario type questions that may have several parts to them.

The Boson practice exam for ICND2 does not come close to the real thing so any practice question that shows some kind of topology focus on a strategy to answer quickly. This is what I'll be working on for a retake :)

Good luck and never give up!