Options

My advice: If you plan on using training videos

Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
for the 70-680 exam use Train Signal. I have been studying for the 70-680 using CBT Nuggets and the MS Press book and while I know the terminology and concepts the labs were proving to be an issue (especially deployment, capturing, referencing, etc). I went over a friends house today who had already taken the exam and while I was there I was watching his Train Signal videos. I was very impressed how the trainer demonstrated each step. The videos appear to be more in depth and a great tool to learn/apply the knowledge and not just pass the exam.

Has anyone used them for other exams? Was thinking of trying them out for the MCSA exams.

Comments

• Options
    billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    They are definately a good resource and I've used them quite often for various cert tracks. I always try to have at least 2 sources of study though and not just rely on the videos alone.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I used TrainSignal for 70-640, 642, 643 and 647. Definitely highly recommended. TS, labs and the MS Press book = Win.
  • Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    I used train signal for Security+(wasn't my primary source but still very good videos), I especially liked how they made the objectives kind of circle around what a real company would use them for.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    anyone use professormessors videos for the 70-680?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options

I didnt know he had videos for 70-680. Awesome, thanks. I just found another free resource. I`m studying for the exam now and will definitely watch them as a supplement to my training. If no one replies, I`ll update with my results. My goal is to take it on Jan, 11th.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    I didnt know he had videos for 70-680. Awesome, thanks. I just found another free resource. I`m studying for the exam now and will definitely watch them as a supplement to my training. If no one replies, I`ll update with my results. My goal is to take it on Jan, 11th.
    how long you been studying for and what do you think of the material so far in comparison to CompTIA's standard?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Train Signal has the videos broken down by Deployment and Adminstration. If you purchased both of those would they cover 680, 685, and 686?
  • Options
    DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□

nice Im on to them love that guy!
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    i haven't been the biggest fan of TS but having a look now i see they have enlisted Rhonda Layfield for their Windows 7 deployment videos. I havent seen these videos but i have seen her stuff on cbt nuggets and teched and she definitely knows deployment inside out. I may even get this video series myself.

Although, i would tend to stick to cbt nuggets for the 70-680 exam only because James Conrad did the videos and his stuff is usually spot on.
  • Options
    KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sweet I will check this out. I have always liked TS
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • Options
    DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    heres another free resource not sure if it will be useful but worth a look as its free

The Holy Grail of Deployment

http://www.deploymentdr.com/downloads/The%20Holy%20Grail%20of%20Deployment.pdf
  • Options
    how long you been studying for and what do you think of the material so far in comparison to CompTIA's standard?

I've been studying for about 2 weeks. I wish i could say it was everyday but OnForce has been in high gear lately. I've done more work this month than the past two months combined. so i`m only up to video 6.

I'm not really sure i know what you mean by CompTIA's standard. I CAN say, it seems MS wants you to really know your command line. Especially for the deployment section. The instructor even says it in the videos. But that may have been CBT nuggets. So far, this is shaping up to be a much harder test than any of the comptia test i have taken.