Options

Ccna

Bolton07Bolton07 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
What materials do you suggest I use for the CCNA qualification exam 640-802?

I used the study guide by Todd Lammle for CCENT (SYBEX). And found that good.

Would the study guide by Todd Lammle for CCNA be good?

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Bolton07 wrote: »
    What materials do you suggest I use for the CCNA qualification exam 640-802?

I used the study guide by Todd Lammle for CCENT (SYBEX). And found that good.

Would the study guide by Todd Lammle for CCNA be good?

All of these answers can be found in the FAQ at the top of this forum:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/6434-ccna-faq-please-read-before-posting.html

It even has a discussion about the SYBEX books vs Cisco press:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/12008-what-book-use-exam.html
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    Why does the study guide by Wendell Odon cover two exams - CCNA Exams 640-816 and 640-802?

Is exam 640-816 an old exam? Can someone explain please
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    640-802 is the composite exam. 640-816 is the ICND2 exam.
    CCNA - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    The Todd Lammle books only say 640-802 exam on them. IS that enough for the CCNA qualification?

I have completed CCENT ICND1. Which CCNA exam should I be looking for next. Is it 640-816 or 640-802?

Or would both be good?
  • Options
    Another thing quickly answered with a bit of logic. Cisco Website -> CCNA Certification:
    CCNA - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems

802 is composite, 816 is ICND2.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    Can you please explain what you mean when you say composite?

Did you explore the link that I posted? and the pages linked from that page for the exams?

Definitions of composite on the Web:

* complex: a conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts; "the complex of shopping malls, houses, and roads created a new town"
    * consisting of separate interconnected parts

The CCNA can be obtained by passing the 640-802 composite exam or one can go the two test route and obtain the CCNA by passing both the 640-822 ICND1(CCENT) and the 640-816 ICND2.
  • Options
    Thanks for explaining.

If i buy the study guide by Todd Lammle which covers exam 640-802, will that be fine for me if I am taking the 640-816 ICND2 exam.
  • Options
    Thanks for explaining.

If i buy the study guide by Todd Lammle which covers exam 640-802, will that be fine for me if I am taking the 640-816 ICND2 exam.

I haven't taken the ICND2 yet so I'm not sure if the Lammle book would be enough. However, I recommend always using more than one resource for any certification. I plan on reading that book (skimming sections I'm already comfortable with) but it will be one of many resources I use.
  • Options
    Read it, but it will be redundant on the CCENT material, which I assume you have (update your certifications in your profile). I'd suggest getting the ICND2 cisco press book.

Also, lab lab lab lab.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    So even though the Todd Lammle CCNA study guide does ICND1 and ICDN2, is it still useful when taking the single ICND2 640-816 exam?
  • Options
    So even though the Todd Lammle CCNA study guide does ICND1 and ICDN2, is it still useful when taking the single ICND2 640-816 exam?

I'm guessing the material in the book that covers what will be on the ICND2 640-816 exam will be useful for the ICND2 640-816 exam.

It is unfortunate that Lammle seems to have only a CCENT book and then a CCNA book but not a book that covers just the ICND2. It's already been recommended that you get that book and read it and supplement it with the Cisco Press book for the ICND2. I've already got the lammle CCNA and the cisco press book through my safari books account. I plan on going through both books along with the cisco net academy materials I have through the university.
  • Options
    Can anyone suggest where I can buy the ICND2 cisco press book? Is that its proper title?

Tried Amazon and searched it on google but found nothing

Also what is the ICND2 cisco press book? What does it offer?
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    chmorin wrote: »
    I had to do it:
    You're lucky I don't the power to take back the rep I gave you for having the patience of a saint. icon_lol.gif (or the time to figure out if taking back rep is even possible icon_scratch.gif)

We usually wait until the professional Cisco forums before we insist members master their Google-Fu skills.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    We usually wait until the professional Cisco forums before we insist members master their Google-Fu skills.

Fair enough. You could always neg-rep me =p. That would HURT too coming from you!

To give him a little bit of credence, google results change all the time. While I don't think this is one of those times, who knows?

Consider it his first private lesson for being a Google-Fu apprentice. We all gotta learn somehow (and I'm still learning haha). I learned back in my Tibia Private server hosting days where every reply in the forum was "USE THE FREAKING SEARCH BUTTON".

I would of preferred LMGTFY those days XD.

On a serious note:

Bolton, don't let me or anyone else giving you a hard time sway you from pursuing this. You are taking the steps and are actually asking the questions. That shows more initiative than many people out there who expect everything to be easy and then go and **** to get the result. Keep asking questions, and you will learn how to research. It is a matter of trial and error.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: