Options

Good Practice Exams

Darian929Darian929 Member Posts: 197
Hello,

I am currently done with all cisco academy courses but am confused on what to use for practice exams. I've heard Boson and Transcender a lot but was wondering if there are other alternatives or are these two basically the top notch practice questions simulators. I would appreciate anyones input and opinions.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    The best practice exam I have ever taken, I purchased from vue.com. It was so realistic, I even had to go to a testing center to take it. Only bad thing is, it costs $125.

JUST KIDDING! :D

I like Boson, I have only used it twice but the practice test I took seemed a bit more difficult than the actual exam.
  • Options
    In actuality exam is more since Im doing the 640-802 note the 2 parts jeje. So that's why i dont want to lay down $120 for a simulation exam and then do the actual and still fail. :-\ so Boson I've always heard is a bit harder which is always good, it over prepares you ;)
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Darian929 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am currently done with all cisco academy courses but am confused on what to use for practice exams. I've heard Boson and Transcender a lot but was wondering if there are other alternatives or are these two basically the top notch practice questions simulators. I would appreciate anyones input and opinions.

Thanks!

The questions you get throughout the courses are pretty good. In my op, those courses combined were one big practice exam :). Post the classes, I just labbed like there was no tomorrow (in packet tracer), re-read through all the online course material they offered (they stay with you as a Cisco Network Academy alumni), and then took the exams. Don't forget to grab a student voucher from the academy site if you scored 80% or higher on CCNA 4's exam.
  • Options
    I am still waiting for the voucher... I already scored 80%+ and finished all for classes but for some reason the voucher still doesn't appear, so do you guys recommend Boson practice questions?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Darian929 wrote: »
    I've heard Boson and Transcender a lot but was wondering if there are other alternatives or are these two basically the top notch practice questions simulators.
    These are the top two.

You do get the Boson Test Engine when you buy Wendell Odom's Cisco Press ICND1 and ICND2 books (or the combined CCNA Certification Library). Those questions are created by the Author/Cisco Press -- but people here have good things to say about Wendell's questions. If you have those books -- load the CD and check 'em out.

For a lower cost option -- CCNA Flash Cards and Exam Practice Pack (CCENT Exam 640-822 and CCNA Exams 640-816 and 640-802), 3rd Edition
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    XtendXtend Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i would suggest you take a look at the ICND2 Assessment Lab | Combined Labs lab also, it's pretty complex and covers kinda all the stuff that u need to take the ccna exam. You need GNS3 to run it :)
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    This is a little off the topic of this thread, but I was looking in to taking the cisco academy classes... is it really $2,995.00 for the 5 day CCNA class?
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Greenmet29 wrote: »
    This is a little off the topic of this thread, but I was looking in to taking the cisco academy classes... is it really $2,995.00 for the 5 day CCNA class?

I do believe that would be a CCNA boot camp and although it may be from a cisco learning partner I don't think it could be a cisco net academy course. You can use this link to find a place that offers the academy classes. Cisco Networking Academy - Locate Academy and Class/es

There is no way they could cover all the material in the cisco net academy courses in 5 days.
  • Options
    I think I might get transcender... they havethe guaranteed money back if you fail within 90 days of taking exam while Boson requires you to fail twice instead of once for money back... what do you guys think, is Boson much better ? or depends?