Very Interesting Week!

So after getting no hits on my resume for a while, this week I have been bombarded with phone calls from companies and recruiters a like. Simply posting my resume on craigslist resume section has gotten me more phone calls than actually submitting to jobs.

So I aced an interview for a PHP Programming position at symantec earlier this week. I'm one of the top candidates being considered. But I hate PHP, I don't really want this job. They've called a couple times after the interview but no firm offer yet.

I got a call for a part time contract position for a large computer company, I was supposed to go in and start today configuring their PIX firewall, showed up to the place and couldn't find the address, calls the the manager cell phone went unreturned.

While I was waiting for a call back I got a call back from Cisco Systems. And apparently I am now 1 of 3 candidates they are considering hiring. After point-blanking them and asked them what my outlook on getting the job is. They straight up told me I'm the strongest candidate, not just because of my technical skills, but because they need someone who can convey networking problems to non-technical people. Apparently I have a way with words. =]

I still have like 4 other companies to call back and schedule an interview with. lol.

So maybe my drought will be over soon. Funny how you can get no hits for a month, then Christmas week i get cellphone overload.
Currently Reading:
CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide

Comments