Options

MCITP:EA 70-681 required?

agreenbhmagreenbhm Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm freaking out a bit right now. I just passed 70-680, which I thought was the last test of my MCITP:EA upgrade from my MCSE on 2003. I looked at my MS transcript and it shows credit for all exams I've taken, however, I do not have the MCITP:EA credit. I just looked at MS' certification site and all of a sudden I'm seeing 70-680 AND 70-681 as a requirement for the MCITP:EA cert. This can't be right, can it? What's worse, I look at the upgrade path from MCSE 2003 to MCITP:EA and it doesn't mention the 70-681 exam. I'm confused and pretty livid right now. I'm hoping it just takes an extra day for the MCITP achievement to be recognized by MS' site and that 70-681 being a requirement is just a typo, where it was really supposed to just be an option INSTEAD of taking 70-680.

If my MS transcript doesn't show my expected certification by 9AM PST tomorrow (assuming the support people are in on Christmas Eve), I'm going to give someone a piece of my mind!!! Please, someone shed some light on this situation.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

And for reference, the MCITP:EA (non-upgrade) webpage: MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) | Training Courses for IT Professionals

The MCITP:EA (upgrade path from MCSE 2003) webpage: MCSE Certification | MCSE Training | Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer

Comments

• Options
    Well, I just fired an email off to MS asking if it was a typo. I used the Certification Planner, found on the MCP site, and it shows 4 options for the client portion of MCITP: EA, only requiring 1. On the Cert Planner, it doesn't yet show credit for TS: Windows 7, Configuring, even though my MS transcript shows I've taken the exam. My guess is that in a day or two my transcript will be updated to reflect the TS: Win 7, Config + MCITP: EA. I'll be sure to post an update of the transcript and my response from MS regarding their *hopefully* typo.
  • Options
    I received my MCITP:EA credit today. I guess it was a typo on MS' page. Phew!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm guessing they meant to put "or" not "and" on the non-upgrade page.

I guess we can chalk this set of heart-attacks up to good experience for anyone who thinks learning to proofread your work isn't important in IT. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you "just" passed the exam, the EA won't be on your transcript yet since it can take a few days. Also, there are other typos on the certification website, for example the MCSE: Security 2003 page says you need client exam 210, 270, or 620. Notice that 680 is missing, which is weird since 680 is listed for the regular MCSE 2003 as well as MCSA:S 2003! I asked them months ago about this and they confirmed it is a typo, 680 does indeed count for MCSE:S 2003 which can be verified on the cert planner, yet it has not be corrected on the main website.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV