Options

Help! resume review.

Krusty_47Krusty_47 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ok I'm getting back out on the job market because my current employer does not have anywhere for me to move up to unless I want to be a supervisor in a call center. So I could really use some help revitalizing my resume.

So I can go into great length about everything I do at all my past jobs but I'm not sure how much to put in there. Especially at my current job because there is so much we do. AD account creation and termination. Troubleshooting everything from windows to cellphones. I currently am in charge of QAing our new hires and termination tickets for one of our clients. I've worked on a phone deployment for one of our clients. I can go on and on but when is it too much.

If you guys could give me some critiques and advice I would love to hear it. If someone is really good at resumes and wouldn't mind helping me out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Goals for 2011.

Graduate from WGU by Dec 2011. I have almost 80 CU's starting in February. This is also my new years resolution for 2011.

On the list for January 2011
Project+ and CIW Foundations.

Comments

• Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your line spacing on professional experience is off and I would also get rid of "current employer" and "passed employer". Also your current employer information was formatted differently then the rest.

Run spell check

Lots of fragments at the bottom.

EDIT: just uploaded a copy that was formatted more consistantly, all you have to do is fix your sentence fragments
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    I would really try to reword some of the items....

ex:
    Experience with Active Directory setup and administration.

You could say something like:
    Experience with configuration and administration of a Microsoft server 2003, and 2008 Active Directory infrastructure including, but not limited to Group policy, Account management, ...... you get the idea.

I would also remove your last job in the resume as it isn't relevant.

For your most recent job you should be telling me what you have accomplished. What impact did you have on the business?

Something like: (be honest about what you have accomplished....these are just to give you an idea)
    Created lessons learned documentation to help train and develop staff and share best practices
    Consistently met service level agreement (SLA) requirements by 95% surpassing the goal of 80%
    Helped to document network topologies for various systems, which lead to more efficient troubleshooting

So you can see how an HR rep would have a better idea of what you can bring to the table by letting them know what value you added in your current role.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • Options
    sentimetalsentimetal Member Posts: 103
    Priston wrote: »
    Your line spacing on professional experience is off and I would also get rid of "current employer" and "passed employer". Also your current employer information was formatted differently then the rest.

Run spell check

Lots of fragments at the bottom.

EDIT: just uploaded a copy that was formatted more consistantly, all you have to do is fix your sentence fragments

I think the "current employer" and "past employer" were just fillers for actual person information.
  • Options
    zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Revise the past employers to past tense as also mentioned in a different thread.
    :study: Life+