Options

Anyone else using Cisco 360 Labs

lpark1lpark1 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am just starting out on the labs, anyone else using/used this?

I will try out the other labs after a couple of these, any feedback apprec.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Thought of doing the 360 labs but my Global Knowledge rep tried to sell me the whole package which was a fortune. I already have the INE workbooks which I will start with.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have been using them and they have alot of flaws in them. I'm looking to switch to something else
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    there are some cisco 360 labs dotted around on the internet (but looking a tthem would be wrong icon_wink.gif however these are a bit out of date.

i'm currently using the 360 program to prepare for my CCIE (paid for by employer :) ) and i am finding the labs very useful. Theres three types of labs:

lesson labs which are based on modules of the video on demand training (some of these video's arn't to good due to poor narration)

8 hour practice labs which are good and cover a wide range of stuff and sometimes seperated into tshoot/config

Assesment labs: these are done on rented racks and provide a score report at the end showing what points you got.

overall i'm finding the labs very useful however everything cisco 360 is crippled by restrictive DRM the video's are tiny and you can't full screen them (swf with locklizard crap) and the PDF's sometimes have issues printing.

I havn't done much INE/IPexpert to compare it to but collegues that have tell me the 360 is "better" as its nearer to the real thing (some of them even said its more difficult than the real lab!) and that also it prepares you more in some of the gotcha area's

personally i wouldn't pay for the 360 program out of my own money but if your company is paying for it i would recommend it as its very expensive and the advantage over other providers slim, not to mention the DRM being a real pain in the ass
  • Options
    civsi44civsi44 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im using a combination of 360 Labs/INE workbooks and IP Expert videos and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I think using a combination of at least two of them would be a good start. The biggest issue is getting your hands on equipment to practice these labs/lessons. 360 only gives you remote access to the graded labs. All the lessons need to be done on your equipment/gns configs.

I work for Cisco and am using real equipment along with GNS configs when I'm not remoted into the network here at work. So far it is going well. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks