Advice requested

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
So I was contacted about a month ago by an individual who wanted me to join their organization. I did some research and determined that it was not an organization I was interested in joining, and caused me considerable distress.

In any case it has not been on my radar until now when I see that they are now attempting to advertise (by spam) on wikipedia. Now I am looking at their "corporate website" and my distress level is rising. I am considering making my opinions about the organization known. What do you think?

Comments

• KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why stress on such matter? Move on to bigger picture. Too easy.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SephStorm wrote: »
    So I was contacted about a month ago by an individual who wanted me to join their organization. I did some research and determined that it was not an organization I was interested in joining, and caused me considerable distress.

In any case it has not been on my radar until now when I see that they are now attempting to advertise (by spam) on wikipedia. Now I am looking at their "corporate website" and my distress level is rising. I am considering making my opinions about the organization known. What do you think?

Unless you're being asked to join the Mob, "considerable distress" shouldn't even be felt. If you are that uncomfortable, just politely decline, with no reasons/opinions given. A simple "I don't feel I would be a good fit with your organization at this time, and I thank you for your consideration" is really all you need to say.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I try to trust my instincts on these things, but maybe you're right. I think i'll wait and watch. Thanks for your input.

I already declined the invite, and let the individual know why, but I am concerned about others who might get involved. I dont think the guy is a bad guy, but things could turn out bad. Anyway, like I said, I'll keep an eye on it and hope for the best. Don't want to ruin anyones Christmas!
  • mickeycoronadomickeycoronado Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you stressed out about whether or not to join? Or are you stressed out trying to decide if you're gonna say what you really think about this organization to an audience?

P.S. If you are actually being asked to join the mob, don't do either of those things I just asked.
    "Are you suggesting that coconuts are migratory?!"
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    No, my instincts tell me to warn others to stay away, but I don't want to judge unreasonably. I asked a few mutual aquaitences on LI, but no one seems to know anything about his company, which is for the best.