Options

Opinions on this MS book for 290

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
I decided to take 290 next, so I am looking at books on Amazon. I came across this book.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Official Academic Course: Managing And Maintaining A Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (exam 70-290) (Academic Learning) (9780072944877): Craig Zacker: Books

Anyone use this book to help pass 290?

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used this Amazon.com: 70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment Package (Microsoft Official Academic Course Series) (9780470068861): Microsoft Official Academic Course: Books by the same author. I also used cbt nuggets and transcender to master the test.

I know your book has a 5 star rating, but keep in mind only 1 person rated it and it seems that he just read for general knowledge. Plus he was super excited that it game with a 90 day trial that may have biased his opinon.

EDIT: Looks like you can buy a used one for $6.19 and get free shipping with amazon prime. For that price, why not buy it for a peek?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm currently using the MS Press kit book:

MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-290): Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment

It's been pretty good so far. I'm also using in addition to the MS Press book: TechNotes and CBT Nuggets for my study materials.

I haven't tried the MS Academic Course book yet.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63