Console server question

ziggi138ziggi138 Posts: 94Member ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

I was curious if this would work for a console access server for my cisco lab.
http://www.bomara.com/WTI/cms16.htm

Thanks,

Ziggi

Comments

• stuh84stuh84 Posts: 503Member
    Provided you can get hold of enough console cables, I can't see why it wouldn't
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Posts: 94Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have no problem with getting my hands on console cables. My job received around 120 2960 switches and all of them came with cables, and my boss said i can have as many as i want. I already have about 10 floating around in my home office.
  • tierstentiersten Posts: 4,505Member
    Assuming it gives you unmodified access to each of those RS232 ports on the box via multiple network ports then yes, it will work fine.
  • ZeroHunterZeroHunter Posts: 148Member
    ziggi138 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I was curious if this would work for a console access server for my cisco lab.
    CMS-16 Console management switch using Telnet and Dial-Up connections - Bomara Associates

Thanks,

Ziggi

How much is it?

Did you look at this thread? : http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/59375-damn-you-guys-i-got-console-server.html

Now of course if you read through that thread there will be some minor work to be done on the SCS1620, but nothing that myself and a couple of the guys here cant walk you through assuming that you can solder and read a volt meter.
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com
  • alan2308alan2308 Senior Member Ann Arbor, MIPosts: 1,854Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    ZeroHunter wrote: »
    How much is it?

They're going for anywhere between $85 and $200 on eBay. I was curious myself and checked. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Posts: 94Member ■■□□□□□□□□
  • ZeroHunterZeroHunter Posts: 148Member
    ziggi138 wrote: »

$30.oo WOW that's cheap, yes I would agree then for that price no point messing with the Lantronix.
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com