Options

Network Technician Salary

2»

Comments

• Options
    tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
    If your working in the same city currently, and your going from the Analyst position, to a Network Technician position, there is a good possibility that there would be an increase in salary, at least IMO. Something else to consider, is company size.

So, if you are asked about salary and currently making 41ish, and ask 50-55, I would also say thats a pretty good ball park, but I am really not in tune with any other markets other than my own. I know bigger cities, the salary would be a lot higher than that though (NYC, DC, etc).
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Been a couple of days and no word. I am not one for waiting. Anybody have any advice for me on the salary I requested?

I look at salary requirements kinda like buying a used car. No one wants to throw the number on the table first. You don't want to overshoot and get laughed out of the deal but you don't want to undershoot and get in at say 45 when they were thinking 50 or more. At this point they asked, you offered, not much else to do but wait.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    ThePrimetimerThePrimetimer Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies guys. I did do a Google search on the salary for this title and what I found throughout the US was about what I asked for. Then again, it is in a different city, so there again, lies a different market.

I will probably contact them either tomorrow or Tuesday and ask for an update. Thanks again guys.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done"
  • Options
    ThePrimetimerThePrimetimer Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well,
    I emailed the owner last night asking for an update and he replied that he got the impression that I didn't have much hands on experience with Server 2003/2008 or Exhange and that with my current skillset, the salary I requested was too high. I can agree with him as I really don't have much hands on with them due to my current position.

On the bright side, there are about 2 or 3 other jobs that I applied for and am still waiting for a response from them. That I can at least look forward to, especially one for a Cisco Networking Engineer. That is my ultimate goal, to become a Network Engineer.

With my current job, I feel like I am not gaining any technical skills that are gonna help me in the future. I am gaining customer service skills, but that can only take you so far. The most technical skills that I am getting is by working with the banking software, which really isn't helping me on Windows skills or networking skills. This is the whole reason why I am looking for another job, so I can gain the skills that will advance my career in IT.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done"