Prep for Sec +

tgfndotcomtgfndotcom Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
How Much Prep is Needed ?

I got lucky and got a time scheduled for Dec 30th. I haven't had time to study Sec + but i went through measureup.com 30-day test prep bank (all 206 questions) in about 2 hours and scored 85%.... now i have about 40 some hours before the sitting ....

I found some terms new, that i had to look up, but i am a server admin with several MS certs, and have been working as a server admin for several years so most this information is not new to me. Most MS tests i spend about 10-20 hours tops studying and i have been fine on those.

Do you think additional studying would be required other than running through the prep bank of questions again ?

Be honest if you think something i have $258 on this and i hate to throw that money away

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tgfndotcom wrote: »
    How Much Prep is Needed ?

I got lucky and got a time scheduled for Dec 30th. I haven't had time to study Sec + but i went through measureup.com 30-day test prep bank (all 206 questions) in about 2 hours and scored 85%.... now i have about 40 some hours before the sitting ....

I found some terms new, that i had to look up, but i am a server admin with several MS certs, and have been working as a server admin for several years so most this information is not new to me. Most MS tests i spend about 10-20 hours tops studying and i have been fine on those.

Do you think additional studying would be required other than running through the prep bank of questions again ?

Be honest if you think something i have $258 on this and i hate to throw that money away

If you do not want to spend $9.99 for Darril Gibson's book on Amazon Kindle, you could do this:

1) Go to CompTIA's website and download the 2008 Security+ Objectives.

2) Research the terms you aren't familiar with on Google for free.

3) Take some practice exams right here on TE.

You might want to postpone the exam if you have not done ANY prep work....you will still have time if you do it tomorrow morning. Otherwise, best of luck, man. (Yes, I am aware that you want your lifetime cert...but if you fail......you basically gave yourself a 50/50 shot at passing.)

Again, best of luck.