Options

Passed 70-401 Configuring SCCM

Passed with an 828 - third time's a charm! icon_thumright.gif
This was the 7th MS exam I passed in 2010 and 30th MS exam overall.

I failed this the first time back in November, then failed it again at the beginning of December. I moved up my first retake thining I had time to go through more of the SCCM Unleashed book, but I was wrong. Shifting client scheduling and the birth of my son cut into my study time. I honestly thought I would have plenty of time to read in the two weeks I was off, but I had very little free time when I could concentrate to study, and my second score was only slightly better than the first.

The Unleashed book has a lot of information, but, much like my experience with the other Unleashed titles, how that information is organized doesn't map well to the exam objectives. I think all the information is in there, you just have to read the book from cover to cover. 70% of the exam objectives related to a subject are in one chapter, however you have to dig through the rest of the book to find that other critical 30%.

For the final attempt I stuck to the Technet links from my resource post and got that extra bit I needed from there. Now that I have completed that request from my global director, I can get back to Exchange 2010 - something I will use and actually want to study.

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Claymoore wrote: »
    Passed with an 828 - third time's a charm! icon_thumright.gif
    This was the 7th MS exam I passed in 2010 and 30th MS exam overall.

I failed this the first time back in November, then failed it again at the beginning of December. I moved up my first retake thining I had time to go through more of the SCCM Unleashed book, but I was wrong. Shifting client scheduling and the birth of my son cut into my study time. I honestly thought I would have plenty of time to read in the two weeks I was off, but I had very little free time when I could concentrate to study, and my second score was only slightly better than the first.

The Unleashed book has a lot of information, but, much like my experience with the other Unleashed titles, how that information is organized doesn't map well to the exam objectives. I think all the information is in there, you just have to read the book from cover to cover. 70% of the exam objectives related to a subject are in one chapter, however you have to dig through the rest of the book to find that other critical 30%.

For the final attempt I stuck to the Technet links from my resource post and got that extra bit I needed from there. Now that I have completed that request from my global director, I can get back to Exchange 2010 - something I will use and actually want to study.

Awesome job Clay!

I have a hard enough time running queries for the different OU's and machines. :)

BTW gave you cred for this one. You deserve it!