I just passed. Worst test ever. Very badly worded!

gui4lifegui4life Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed. I had to wait two hours while the test center had to call prometric for tech support as they couldn't start my test. They have been having problems for weeks it sounds like. I had to drive three hours to the test center as my local one was c closed for the year. I stayed over night in a hotel.

Let me say that I read darrils book. I understood the whole book. I got 90% or better on chapter quizzes. Igot 98% on the two tests in the book.

This was the worst test ever. They have no clue how to phrase a question. I heard it was bad... But common. It was like my grandma wrote the test based off of stuff she read off of a web forum. Baaad.

Some of the questions I had no idea, because the book didn't talk about it.

Anyways, I passed. Certified for life. 853 score.

I want to take server+ and linux + and lpi level 1 and 2 next.

Comments

• CottontailCottontail Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    any examples of how things were worded badly? Taking it tomorrow and want to prepare mentally for any confusion :) Also, any suprises.

Congrats on the success!
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    I felt the same way and was scoring the same way on DG's practice questions. It seems to be more common of these "badly worded" questions at the end of the year.. hmmmmm

but congrats! you did awesome, id be jumping over the moon with that score.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    Security+ certainly had some oddly worded questions, but a lot of tests there are many ways to think about a question. I know when I first look at some CISSP questions I feel they are VERY poorly worded, but I think about it form a different angle and I can see their logic. So, I guess similar logic could be applied here.

All in all congrats on the pass.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    My 2 Cents :: Prometric's site is always buggy and I personally have never had a problem with Vue. If you can go for Vue, do it.

Second, I also had some very poorly worded questions. They usually allude to the real answer, but in a twisted sense. That could mean using deductive reasoning or simply synonyms to throw off your thought process.

The reason D.G's book is so good is quite frankly, he tells you what you need to know. The question will test your knowledge, not necessarily your analytical progressions to test. CompTia will use comparative terms to slip you up at any chance.

Still, great score m8!
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats man icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    I m studying now but I don't know if I will be ready by Friday but we'll see
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • RedskinsFanRedskinsFan Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oddly worded and illogical from my experience. Glad I got it done though
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    lanrexng2 wrote: »
    congrats man icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    I m studying now but I don't know if I will be ready by Friday but we'll see

U can do it! esp with your education looks like you can :D
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • PovilasPovilas Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I Agree too - this was the worst test ever, i think i will never take another CompTIA test if i don't have to. Took Security+ as i wanted to try something else, because for now i only had Microsoft certifications, but i am very disapointed, because exam is not hard on subject (i mean security), but hard on understanding the question itself. Of course english is not my strong side, but i never had problems understanding Microsof certification questions.

Despite of that I passed it with impressive score of 874, i'm not happy about it, because it was really too easy. I only read Sybex book and took test on cd that came with book and sample test on CompTIA site (~50 hours of time spent), paid huge amount (258$) of money for exam and past it within 40 minutes. No warm feeling at heart after passing this icon_rolleyes.gif.
    2013 to do list:
    [70-413] [70-414]
  • DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I keep hearing this but I dont have any complaints about the way my exam was worded mine was pretty straight forward.
    and I only got 781 score but im not complaning
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Povilas wrote: »
    Despite of that I passed it with impressive score of 874, i'm not happy about it, because it was really too easy. I only read Sybex book and took test on cd that came with book and sample test on CompTIA site (~50 hours of time spent), paid huge amount (258$) of money for exam and past it within 40 minutes. No warm feeling at heart after passing this icon_rolleyes.gif.

I kinda see what you mean. I overprepared to get a score only 4 points lower than yours. We missed about 3-5 questions at most for a perfect score.

Congrats to you and the OP for beating the clock though. I can't wait until 1/1 to see how much of a ghost-town this part of the forum will be.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    DoubleD wrote: »
    I keep hearing this but I dont have any complaints about the way my exam was worded mine was pretty straight forward.
    and I only got 781 score but im not complaning

My thoughts exactly. I had no wording issues on my test with the exception of 4 very obvious beta questions. I know they pull from a pool of questions and all that but half of them can't be worded goofy and the other half perfectly normal.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No issues here with wording of exams. You either know the material or not.