Options

Passed 70-270

lkh312lkh312 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
Finally i passed the 70-270 after years of laziness..i have 2 yrs of experience at computer repair shop , which might help me understand the basic concepts of xp. the exam was a little bit harder than i expected. i did not get a high score,but i passed it anyway. the next step is 70-290. any recommendation of the book on 70-290?

Comments

• Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Congratulations on the pass! Hey, the perfect score isnt 100 out of 100, it is just one point more than the passing thresholdicon_wink.gif
    For a time I was serious about prepping for this exam, but now I just do not see myself at anything windoze.
    There rarely is an MS exam for which an MS Press book is not the best resource. I would say get the MS Press book for 290. According to those that passed 290, it is the easiest of the three (270 and 291 being the other two).
    What would you recommend other candidates to open their eyes on if they want to pass 270?
  • Options
    lkh312lkh312 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just try to expose yourself to as many a practice question as possible and be familiar with the hint on the question..because a lot of question are scenario based, which seem so hard to get, but they also throw you a hint..
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    lkh312 wrote: »
    Finally i passed the 70-270 after years of laziness..i have 2 yrs of experience at computer repair shop , which might help me understand the basic concepts of xp. the exam was a little bit harder than i expected. i did not get a high score,but i passed it anyway. the next step is 70-290. any recommendation of the book on 70-290?

Congratz on passing that rough exam!
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats.

For 290 I used the MS book with positive results. Also I find that CBT's are good for these server exams.

Amazon.com: 70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment Package (Microsoft Official Academic Course Series) (9780470068861): Microsoft Official Academic Course: Books It is a bit on the expensive side though (for me I needed it for a class so I can't really complain)
    Decide what to be and go be it.