ULTIMATE CWNA Self Study Kit

dac303dac303 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but cwnp.com has a killer bundle available for CWNA self study. For $399, it includes the official Sybex CWNA book, Trainsignal DVD set, voucher and more for the same price you would purchase TrainSignal set alone. I just purchased since this is my planned first cert in 2011.

ULTIMATE CWNA Self Study Kit $399

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yes, but it needed a refresher :)
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Glad you did; I might check this out, cheers.

EDIT: A CWNA T-shirt? I'm sold!
  • bluemasonbluemason Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm just starting to prep for the CWNA and plan on taking it at the end of the summer - does anyone know if this kit is worthwhile getting? $400 isn't exactly pocket change..

Thanks!
  • dac303dac303 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bluemason wrote: »
    I'm just starting to prep for the CWNA and plan on taking it at the end of the summer - does anyone know if this kit is worthwhile getting? $400 isn't exactly pocket change..

It's a no-brainer if you want the TrainSignal videos, since that set alone is $397. Its like getting the rest of the lot free. I think it is worth it, and I did purchase, but I suppose it depends on what you'll need to study. The exam is $175. If you add the book ($40), you're already over half way there.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    How does Trainsignal compare vs CBT Nuggets or PrepLogic anyone use all 3?

I've used both CBT Nuggets and PrepLogic videos for prior studying but never trainsignal.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • MT0911MT0911 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This looks like an awesome deal! At the moment, I plan on taking CCNA: Wireless at the beginning of next month. But after that I am going straight for CWNA while I'm in the "wireless mode" state of mind. This little setup looks perfect and I'll probably pick it up to prepare.
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    How does Trainsignal compare vs CBT Nuggets or PrepLogic anyone use all 3?

I've used both CBT Nuggets and PrepLogic videos for prior studying but never trainsignal.

I have used CBT Nuggets (I'm actually using them right now) and I thoroughly enjoy them. I'm the type of person who learns great from instructional videos and CBTNuggets fits the bill. I have a friend who is into Prep Logic and I've seen a few of thier videos. They are really well made, but the cost... well is the part that turns me away. Of course that is all personal opinion. Now for Trainsignal, I have heard mixed reviews on them. In my opinion, if they didn't get the job done the right way I don't think CWNP would be offering it as a training package so they must be doing something good! I'm pretty open to exploring different ways to learn so I will go ahead and shell out the money for this package when the time comes. I'll try out Trainsignal, and honestly, I think it's worth it since for $399 you get the exam voucher + books + practice exams + the trainsignal video training (don't forget the t-shirt icon_lol.gif). I think that is a good value for the money.
    CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA: Wireless
    In Progress: CCNP