Options

Looking to wrap up MCSE early next year, need some suggestions for study materials

I'm three exams from MCSE, and once I wrap up CCNA, that's what I'm going to tackle next. I'm looking for some good study guides, primarily books, for the 293, 294, and 298.

I plan do do a lot of labbing, especially for the security design exam, so something with some lab guides would be great.

Thanks in advance!
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used the MS press books for the 293, 294, and 298. I also used a virtual lab for some hands-on practice, especially with the 294. You might check into the sybex books as well.
    Are you going to take the 299? It is basically the same material as 298, just a different test format.
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    I'm not sure about 299 at this point. I've already got my elective covered, so it wouldn't help me with that. I've considered tacking it on for the security specialization though, since I have Sec+ to count toward that as well. If it is that similar to 298, and won't really require a lot of extra study time, it might be beneficial to go for that as well.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The reason I asked about the 299, was that it combines well with the 298, it's basically the same material, and would be one way to get the MCSE: Security.