Options

E Learn Security Free weekly security videos

For those interested, on You Tube, E learn Security is offering free 10 minute or so how to guides on various programs. this may help those wanting to learn a bit more about pen testing. I wasn't sure if we could link to You Tube videos here but for those interested let me know and I can shoot you the link. I was seriously considering going after their certification, the eCPPT but I am on the fence on whether it would assist me in getting a pen test type job after I get out of the military. They seem very knowledgeable but at least for now we can get free lessons weekly via You Tube.

Comments

• Options
    ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    WilliamK99 wrote: »
    For those interested, on You Tube, E learn Security is offering free 10 minute or so how to guides on various programs. this may help those wanting to learn a bit more about pen testing. I wasn't sure if we could link to You Tube videos here but for those interested let me know and I can shoot you the link. I was seriously considering going after their certification, the eCPPT but I am on the fence on whether it would assist me in getting a pen test type job after I get out of the military. They seem very knowledgeable but at least for now we can get free lessons weekly via You Tube.

Awesome I have seen a few they are pretty good. I would stick to finishing CEH and then knock out GIAC GPEN if you want to move to pen testing GPEN is the only cert I have seen people blow smoke about (expect CISSP)
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think the training course will be worth while. I am taking it sometime in 2k11.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    same here, those youtube videos are good stuff.

As far as the usefulness of the cert, I would say it wont get you pass hr, but it will get you some points with someone who knows what they are doing. And with the number of people taking the course, I would say it has a chance of getting some good market share.