Options

How's your New Year's start going?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Besides being awakened to numerous txt messages by the bosses for the first 90 minutes or so of the day, its going well. GF brought me breakfast in bed early. Knocked out quite a bit of reading and studying on the Kindle, took a nap. Woke up and read one of my Christmas presents, Eagles - An American Band, from cover to cover. Nice way to spend a lazy day.

Comments

• Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    My start of the new year is plain ..... nothing much, but just studying back and forth between two books - Windows XP and ICND 1 ... icon_study.gif

Wishing u a happy new year !! :)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    One of the first emails I received on 1/1/11 was from the (ISC)2 informing me that it's time for me to pay my CISSP Annual Maintenance Fee of $85US. icon_sad.gif

At least my new i7-950 system I built myself for an Xmas present is running fast and cool. :D
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I got up early and got a half dozen doughnuts from Dunkin Donuts and 2 giant coffees... so that was sweet... then I read chapter 2 of my MCDST book... did some slight cleaning, and now I am about to start chapter 3
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Besides being awakened to numerous txt messages by the bosses for the first 90 minutes or so of the day, its going well. GF brought me breakfast in bed early. Knocked out quite a bit of reading and studying on the Kindle, took a nap. Woke up and read one of my Christmas presents, Eagles - An American Band, from cover to cover. Nice way to spend a lazy day.

Well after a year of heavy studying for school and certifications, I promised my girlfriend no studying this weekend. Sunday we are taking my parents out to eat at the Machine Shed for Christmas.
    Next week I’m looking at the HDI certs and the windows 7 cert 70-680.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My new year has begun with trying to finish off studying Project+. I started out finding the Project+ to be interesting. Now it's just memorization to me icon_neutral.gif

I have a bunch Cisco books that I really want to dig into ;)
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Off to a rough start....just had two wisdom teeth pulled the other day and have bad cold. Not a good start, but it only matters how it ends icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a cold. I went to bed earily and fireworks kept waking me up every 30 mins up until 1:30am.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I began this New Year day by drilling a hole in my bedroom wall, crawling through the kitchen cabinets and under the house running Cat5e to a newly installed keystone jack in the living room for my lab. It took about 6 hours total. Basically I'm beginning the new year by getting my lab up and running finally! icon_thumright.gif
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I got up early and got a half dozen doughnuts from Dunkin Donuts and 2 giant coffees... so that was sweet... then I read chapter 2 of my MCDST book... did some slight cleaning, and now I am about to start chapter 3

chapter 3 done... taking a break and then trying chapter 4... but if I finish it today, that's it... my brain is getting pissed at me
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Finished up some personal reading earlier while I was waiting on the wife to wake up. Currently watching the second season of Battlestar Galactica. Other than that, no other plans aside from cooking dinner this evening and maybe having a couple of glasses of wine.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    chapter 3 done... taking a break and then trying chapter 4... but if I finish it today, that's it... my brain is getting pissed at me

LOL I can relate. I had to take another nap when things were getting blurry. Tossing a steak on the grill, wash it down with a glass of wine, I'll be back at it again.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My new year started with waking up early and going to work.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Bokeh wrote: »
    LOL I can relate. I had to take another nap when things were getting blurry. Tossing a steak on the grill, wash it down with a glass of wine, I'll be back at it again.

by the end of chapter 4 my vision was getting blurry and my end of chapter test wasn't going as well as the rest... so yeah... done for today...

going to have some dinner, maybe watch Inception for 99 cents on Amazon on Roku, and call it a night...

but tomorrow... I'm shooting for 3 to 4 chapters... maybe putting more space in between each chapter to give my eyes/brain a rest
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nothing special... just normal weekend day.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Woke up with a headache. Popped some Advil then spent the day with my in-laws.
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Had a Good Start.

Went for a drive then had a walk by the beach ( took time to reflect some of the good things happened in 2010 and some of the bad things - "Self Realization " )

Hope all goes well this year for me and for all of us.icon_thumright.gif
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It was horrible I did move to Saudi Arabia less than 3 weeks ago and here they don't celebrate New Year icon_sad.gif. I ended up at new year's eve sleeping at 11:00 because I have to wake up at 5:30 on Jan 1st.

We did have a nice dinner though :D so I'm satisfied (a little)
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My new year started with waking up early and going to work.

Same here.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's just hoooooootttt here. No energy to do anything and feeling guilty about not going to the gym this morning.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Started the New Year by watching 5 hours of Pepper Pig with my kid, my head... icon_redface.gif

-Ken
  • Options
    thebogman87thebogman87 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2011 started great for me! I got 2 tickets on the final round of ShmooCon ticket sales.. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wife,son and myself were sick for the holidays but at least we were all on vacation.

Now I am trying to figure out what certs and what order to study them for school for the new term
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    2011 started great for me! I got 2 tickets on the final round of ShmooCon ticket sales.. icon_cheers.gif

Sick.

2011 for me is the start of truly living life and advancing my IT future. All my foundational studies have come to a head and this year will be a year dedicated to specialization and defining a direction for my career.
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sick.

2011 for me is the start of truly living life and advancing my IT future. All my foundational studies have come to a head and this year will be a year dedicated to specialization and defining a direction for my career.

That sounds just like me! I'm changing directions from Desktop Tech --to--> Networking, and pointing towards a career instead of just having a job. I think I'll be happy with networking and a little security. icon_cheers.gif

Good luck with your future changes!