Options

TE Practice tests...

cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
Just a small query, how well do the TE practice tests for Sec+ compare to the actual test? I've scored pretty highly in these, only missing one in the 35 and 40 question tests, and 100% in the port numbers. Aswell as scoring highly (95%+) in the Gibson book.

I have mine booked for this coming Saturday and just doing my final prep.

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Options
    capitalsowncapitalsown Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't had much luck with practice tests, personally, but I think I'm also an exception. Just my opinion. Now, I think if you do well on Darril Gibson's practice tests, you are ready to take the exam, since it doesn't feel like he's trying to simulate the exam, rather just providing a way to asses your retainment of the material you read. I don't think you need to worry about the other practice tests, honestly, but since you did them anyway your scores all demonstrate an excellent comprehension of the materials. You'll be fine.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for that.

Can I ask what you meant by this?
    I haven't had much luck with practice tests, personally, but I think I'm also an exception.
  • Options
    capitalsowncapitalsown Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cisco_nerd wrote: »
    Ok, thanks for that.

Can I ask what you meant by this?

Well, practice tests just never gave me consistent results. However, I think it's more likely that it's my fault and I'm just an inconsistent tester than it is that tests are inconsistent. I'm not going to dispute that practice tests don't work for many people, I just never benefited from them. I never got consistent results with them, some will say I'm strong in these sections, others will say I'm weak in the sections the other test said I was strong in. I've found that if you have a good book to study from and you can prove you understand everything you read in the book, you'll pass no problem.
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    Well, practice tests just never gave me consistent results. However, I think it's more likely that it's my fault and I'm just an inconsistent tester than it is that tests are inconsistent. I'm not going to dispute that practice tests don't work for many people, I just never benefited from them. I never got consistent results with them, some will say I'm strong in these sections, others will say I'm weak in the sections the other test said I was strong in. I've found that if you have a good book to study from and you can prove you understand everything you read in the book, you'll pass no problem.

I'm the same type of test taker, so you aren't unusual :p
  • Options
    Ah ok then, I see where you're coming from now.

Cheers.
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do good with some practice exams.
    Darill's practice exam is good since it tests your recall of material rather than just testing.
    I like to read material and then get quized on it.
    That way you get instant feedback as to whether you understood and secondly a review of what you just read. If you do bad on chapter review, then you need to read before proceeding.
  • Options
    Well I think I have prepared enough for the exam.. gaining now 100% in all chapter quizzes and pre and final tests in Darril's book. Also 100% in all 3 TE tests.

Apart from writing quite lengthy notes using the objectives list as the baseline (30+ pages) and reading the book twice I think I have done all I can to prepare for the test.

Hopefully it all pays off as tomorrow morning I have my appointment at a Pearson testing centre in Sydney... icon_study.gif