Claims made by non IT centric folks?

124»

Comments

• joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We had one user who regularly thought she was being cyber-stalked by an "ASP dot NET hacker". She was convinced that the guy would "stalk" her at home as well as when she was on our network. She would physically jump up in her chair at the sight of a window popping up or any sudden graphical change on the screen. She would often begin crying as well, it was really difficult to deal with. I ran out of explanations for her so sniffed packets on her workstation in front of her and explained to her what was going on and it was nothing out of the ordinary. For the day, she calmed down slightly icon_lol.gif
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We had one user who regularly thought she was being cyber-stalked by an "ASP dot NET hacker". She was convinced that the guy would "stalk" her at home as well as when she was on our network. She would physically jump up in her chair at the sight of a window popping up or any sudden graphical change on the screen. She would often begin crying as well, it was really difficult to deal with. I ran out of explanations for her so sniffed packets on her workstation in front of her and explained to her what was going on and it was nothing out of the ordinary. For the day, she calmed down slightly icon_lol.gif
    I helped that same lady at the Geek Squad over a 3 week period. My god, people in mental health are not paid enough...
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My wife worked in that environment for 8 years with the mentally ill and addicts. We always played who had the better story at the end of the day the 30+ Airmen I supervised or her. She almost always won with her stories.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    If I had a dollar for every ticket I solved where the problem was an unplugged cable of some sort , I would be in another tax bracket.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed