Options

show IP DHCP binding

Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
On one of my practice exams I had a question that looked like this:

Exhibit A shows the output from router 1, choose the options that are most accurate.
R1#show ip dhcp binding
IP address   .........
10.1.1.1      ..........
10.1.1.2      ..........

One of the answers was "Router 1's DHCP pool contains only addresses 10.1.1.1 and 10.1.1.2". I chose that and got the question wrong because of it. I don't understand how the dhcp pool on the router could contain anything but those two addresses, because the other show ip dhcp options are conflict, import, pool and server. It's late and i'm confused once again :-\

Comments

• Options
    urghh.... I think after 2 hours of trying to figure this out on my own, I posted it on the forum and then re-red the question and figured it out... The dhcp pool is all of the addresses that CAN be given out. If it would have said something to the effect of "10.1.1.1 and 10.1.1.2 are the only ip addresses leased by r1's dhcp server" that would have been correct, right?
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Don't you love those questions?
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    This question stumped a TEer last year in the CCNA forum -- i can't find the thread though. Sneaky question :)
  • Options
    hypnotoad wrote: »
    This question stumped a TEer last year in the CCNA forum -- i can't find the thread though. Sneaky question :)

Yup... but that's why cisco is what it is... they make sure you know and understand the information. AND i'm glad that I saw that now rather than on exam day so I know how sneaky they are!
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    It's really not all that sneaky. Well to me anyway, but I work a lot with setting up DHCP on Adtran routers for VoIP and use the 'show ip dhcp-server bindings' command frequently.

I have found that Cisco, compared to other exams, do not use wording tricks to fool you. All questions I have come across have been pretty straight forward. The practice exams are a different story though.