Options

IS EXAM SY0-201 still Available?

dan101dan101 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone:

I am aware that CompTIA Lifetime certification is now over, but doesn't it mean that the SY0-201 is over as well? I got an email from Denise ( Lady from Comptia) says it is? I was not aware of this I know that they are working on SY0-301 but that's not available until later on this year? can someone give me an answer on this and what source have you verify this information.

I was planning to write the SY0-201 exam later on in Jan 2011?

thx

Dan

Comments

• Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The current exam is 201. As far as I know it's still available - just subject to the new three year rules. I don't know who you talked to from CompTIA that said it was no longer available...
  • Options
    Souljacker wrote: »
    The current exam is 201. As far as I know it's still available - just subject to the new three year rules. I don't know who you talked to from CompTIA that said it was no longer available...

Hi Souljacker:

thanks for the quick reply, I am in the process of trying to clear this up ASAP, Yes you are right about the 3 year rule regarding re-certification, this doesn't worry me too much cause CCNA or any Cisco certs its 3 years any ways?, I might pursue this one later on this year.

Is the CompTIA Office closed for the day (Monday Jan 3rd 2011)? I am trying to call and they are saying they are closed?

Dan
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dan101 wrote: »
    Hi Souljacker:

thanks for the quick reply, I am in the process of trying to clear this up ASAP, Yes you are right about the 3 year rule regarding re-certification, this doesn't worry me too much cause CCNA or any Cisco certs its 3 years any ways?, I might pursue this one later on this year.

Is the CompTIA Office closed for the day (Monday Jan 3rd 2011)? I am trying to call and they are saying they are closed?

Dan

Or it's a tad early to be calling them. I do know quite a few businesses decided to take today as the New Years holiday
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    According to CompTIA's site the objectives for 301 have been released but the test is scheduled for late 2011.

CompTIA Security+

I think you are still god to go with the 201 test.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Souljacker wrote: »
    According to CompTIA's site the objectives for 301 have been released but the test is scheduled for late 2011.

CompTIA Security+

I think you are still god to go with the 201 test.

201 likely won't go down until after 301 has been out for 6 months to a year so that those who have already begun preparing for it can complete it.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    I don't even think CompTIA is finished making the test, so I doubt they got rid of the existing Security9+ exam. I'm thinking the person is saying no more modifications of the objectives to the 201 version will be performed. Instead, all modifications will be added to the 301.
  • Options
    I received another email from Denise (Comptia) she told me that the SY0-201 is still available, but it won't be a Lifetime cert. you win some and you loose some. One way or another I will get this Security+ cert under my belt.
  • Options
    TNT143TNT143 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I might be late in the game, but I registered to take the 201 exam. From what I can tell its available UNTIL the 301 exam comes out. I have also read there will be a bridge exam for the new 'objectives' from 201>301. Hope it helps!
    WIP
    Project+
    MS: Info. Sys Mgt/Info Security

:thumbup: Achieved
    Security+
    ITIL Foundations v3