Options

Career Questions

ComradeKristovComradeKristov Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I currently am unemployed, and I have been practicing for the CCNA exam for quite a while and I'm taking it in 2 weeks. I've never worked in the IT field before. I've worked Manufacturing and Inspection. I was wondering, after I get my CCNA, what is the best way to get into the IT field?

I'm very computer literate, I know how to do about anything with Windows operating system. I can fix computers physically and otherwise. So what would you guys recommend? Are there any other certs I should go after? I know there are Microsoft certs and A+ certs, but my real goal is to become a CCNP. Any advice would be welcome. Oh and I live in the Chicago area so I see jobs posted all the time, but I don't want to get overwhelmed on my first job ya know.

Comments

• Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I would start off by trying to get a help desk position. We all pretty much start off as HD techs. A+ and MCDST would help you land a position on the help desk. The real problem is getting your foot in the door.

After I got out of tech school it took two and a half years before I landed a HD tech roll. You just have to grab up as much experience as you can.