Options

Best computer based training (CBT) videos?

gui4lifegui4life Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I learn better by computer based training videos. What is the BEST out there? Price is not a factor (work pays for training materials upon a passed test.) Note: I will be getting the Sybex CCNA book. I will practicing with two 2600's and a switch.

What is the best training series for the CCNA?

Testout?
VTC?
CBT Nuggets?
Train Signal?

I went through the Cisco Academy about 4 years ago, so the topics aren't to far-fetched to me, and I just recently passed by Network+/Security+ with a 98%.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    I can't speak for the other videos, but the CBT nuggets were a great start for me!
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    These are the ones I'm going to check out for my CCNA training. Only time will tell if I like these as I've just started.

Videos:

- CBT nuggets
    - Train Signal
    - CCNA Video Mentor from Ciscopress (Wendell Odom, CCIE® No. 1624)

- Also add in some Testout Labsims through WGU.
    Extra supplemental information:
    Guides:

- This website!
    - The ultimate CCNA study package (The bryant advantage)

Books:

- CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide (cisco press)
    - CCENT/CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide (cisco press)
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    vtc.com is terrible for networking. They have new ones coming, but based on how incomplete their most recently releases have been I wouldn't expect much from them.

You can't go wrong with CBTnuggets. The greatest part is they scale up. CCNP:Voice, CCNP:RS, CCNP Sec.. etc etc.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    gui4lifegui4life Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input guys!

Seems like a lot of people like CBT nuggets? Has anyone tried Testout?
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gui4life wrote: »
    Thanks for the input guys!

Seems like a lot of people like CBT nuggets? Has anyone tried Testout?

I used Testout when I was going for my A+ and liked it as a supplement, but would not just use it alone. I have only seen a demo of the CCNA one and will be using Testout for my CCNA, since it is given to me by WGU and will know more info about it then (March of 2011).

Until then, I will watch CBT, Train Signal, and check out the Bryant Advantage.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    cbt nuggets and train signal (before chris briant left) were both about at the same level when i used them, and nothing else really came close.