Options

Which major staffing company do u like or sucks and why?

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
i created this thread b/c i have been getting asked alot of questions about these staffing companies ....
I wanted to do this as a poll but the option wasn't available

I don't believe that anyone should pay a company to find u a job EVER.. their already pimpin' u as it is

in my opinion teksystems is ok
pomeroy/arc are great when they have something that is long term
robert h and as.. icon_evil.gif i have nothing i can say to express my dislike for them that wouldn't get censored...lol
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I did interview with GenTech, but the position was not as advertised, and the local office was a total cluster-f, not very impressive. Not sure if I would pay for a job anyway.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry just to clarify something, by 'Staffing Companies' you mean Recruitment Agencies??

Ive never heard those words used here before.
    Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.
  • Options
    yes indeed

i jus got another call from RH and a** today so this makes 4 times they have bothered with me with nothing
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Do you mean Robert Half? I think most of them are a waste of time... I hate contracting, I only look for direct hire.... icon_wink.gif

D-boy
  • Options
    the only thing i like about contracting is the money, flexablity and experience gained. otherwise most of the companies that do it outside the ones i have delt with suck
  • Options
    bakachanbakachan Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    down here in phoenix az. the pay was good too
  • Options
    tek whoretek whore Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_rolleyes.gif I worked at a Carpet mill in North GA. the account guys said that even with 12 years of Experience, I was only worth 14 dollars a hour! He blamed it on the "Market"- He claimed that the carpet mill would not pay any more. I asked to be moved to another job that they posted in the paper- they said I could NOT move from there, after saying this was just to get my foot in the door. Hmmmm...Something stinks in Denmark!

About a month in, they needed some people who could speak spanish, the 4 tek people could not. Like dogs waiting for a crumb to fall, we waitied for a job. We were constantly reminded about the fact we were the lowly contractors. These employees were ave. 40k. I was told I was tek's highest paid guy in the room....1 dollar more than the others

Me and one other person had some health issues, he personally, me family. after they learned we had them, someone trumped up BS that we were openly discussing salary. They will not allow us to know of the senario, the accuser or the contents of the accusation. but, they fired us! but after we were in the building for 6 hours- At least they did not exceed the customer's wait time.

Another issue- we were told that the stinking health insurance was available. Yeah sure- if ya don't want to eat! It was second rate, and very expensive. i would have spent more than half my paycheck on the so called insurance. not a single doctor in my area would take it!

so YES VIRGINIA, TEK SUCKS- LEAVE TEK OR DON'T BOTHER interviewing-
    Unless you like getting a 1/3 or the paycheck you earned! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I had a couple good contract jobs with SmartSource, Inc.

They are based in Chicago and thought they were pretty good to work for. And by that it mainly means I got paid anyways :)
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    c-napc-nap Inactive Imported Users Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know about you guys but I love Robert Half. Being a full time student, I've found that staffing agencies are great. I get the flexibility of hours, plus they pay better than my last direct to hire job, and since they're paid a % of what you are they don't mind negotiating higher wages for you either. Sure I've had some bad experiences, mostly because I was the most knowledgeable tech in a group with a bunch of know it alls icon_rolleyes.gif (ironically, with agencies OTHER than RHT), or got stuck with grunt work but oh well in a few days I'll be somewhere else working on a Cisco switch or even a Fortune 500 Active Directory DC. I'm not going to get this kind of experience taking COBOL classes and being pushed into entry level positions porting legacy apps to Java (ugh!!!!) thanks to contributions by the local big business to my CompSci dept. Maybe it's the guy I deal with who always treats me real good and is straight with me when I ask him questions, but I definitely prefer RHT. Oh yeah and as an added bonus of working with RHT you get access to their Skillport website which has THOUSANDS of complete books, and hundreds of CBT's for just about any cert or piece of software you can think of, and every 1000 hours I work with them (in a 1 year period) I get an extra 40 hrs worth of my current pay as a bonus.