Discount/Student Price for CCNA?

BrandonXBrandonX Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Been looking around for discount on CCNA without any luck. Is there any out there?

Microsoft have the Multiple tests (20% off) and also Student discount for $60 per test.

I might have to do MCITP before CCNA because of the pricing icon_sad.gif
Currently working on:
1) Master in CyberSecurity at NU.edu
2) ICND1

2011 goals:
ICND2 ( End Feb 2011?)
MCITP:
70-680: (End of March 2011)
70-640: ????
70-642: ????
70-643: ????
70-647: ????
Resume:

BS ITM
Bachelor of Business Administration
Security+
Network+

Comments

• YahelYahel Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is... 50% discount for the academy students, but academy training cost more than an exam itself :)
    So not a great deal...
    CCNA = Passed (01-02-2011)
    NEXT : CCNP ROUTE
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can try for a "clearance deal" on an exam voucher.

When you're close to being ready for your exam, start looking at the
    <
    Exam Vouchers
    link over in the left margin.

Right now there are no Cisco clearance deals available, and even the regular voucher doesn't save you anything here in the US (but there is a UK deal that may or may not be a deal).

I think I've seen $85 vouchers for the $125 exams that would have to be used within a couple of weeks.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • BrandonXBrandonX Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yahel wrote: »
    There is... 50% discount for the academy students, but academy training cost more than an exam itself :)
    So not a great deal...

That's funny; that you mention the academy students discount because today I found a Cisco Academy that's free in San Diego. icon_lol.gif

I will ask the instuctor about it first day of class.
    Currently working on:
    1) Master in CyberSecurity at NU.edu
    2) ICND1

2011 goals:
    ICND2 ( End Feb 2011?)
    MCITP:
    70-680: (End of March 2011)
    70-640: ????
    70-642: ????
    70-643: ????
    70-647: ????
    Resume:

BS ITM
    Bachelor of Business Administration
    Security+
    Network+
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It used to be that Academy Students could get one voucher for 60% off an exam -- if they passed the "Voucher Exam" at the end of the first 2 semesters or the last 2 semesters. So back in the day when the 640-801 CCNA exam roamed the Earth, a lot of students would use their voucher on the single more expensive CCNA exam to get the most bang for the buck.

One advantage of doing the Cisco Network Academy -- even if you had to pay for it -- would be if your instructor has industry connections. A well connected instructor may recommend some of their top students for jobs -- outside of the College Placement Office -- but you have to be smoking the courses.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Another advantage thats often overlooked is that once you finish the 4 classes (plus any prerequisites), you're well on your way to an Associates degree.