Trainsignal "VMware vSphere Troubleshooting Training"

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Did someone buy this already ?

I do have all the other ones, but I am just wondering how good this one is regardles :)
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• scottaskingerscottaskinger Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Gomjaba-

Thanks for your interest in Train Signal! We just released the VMware Troubleshooting course yesterday so doubtful anybody here has it yet.

Would you be interested in a free copy of this course in exchange for your thoughts on it? Nothing formal, just your overall opinion of this course. You can email us, post here, call me, whatever works best for you.

I want to make sure that we have the best training on the market and I'm always looking for feedback.

Have a great day and thanks once again for being a Train Signal customer.

Scott
    Scott Skinger
    President, Founder of TrainSignal.com
    Scott at TrainSignal.com
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    That's a pretty awesome offer. Let us know how it is!

Scott, are there plans to put these new videos into the overall package?
  • ChrisDeardenChrisDearden Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've also got the full suite of TrainSignal Videos and was lucky enough to get a peak at the Troubleshooting ones.

If I'd have had access to them when I sat my VCAP-DCA Beta back in June , it would have made my life a lot easier ! ( though I passed the exam anyways ) - In fact if you have the whole package the only thing missing is a section on Virtual Center Heartbeat and you are good to go.

David goes through a few "broken" scenarios which would be of a similar level to VCAP questions, which is a good help. I'm not sure how much value there would be in some of the really gnarly fixes like rebuilding a VMDK metadata file after vmdk corruption in a failed svmotion.

I will be posting a more complete review on my blog @ J.F.V.I pretty soon !

Chris
  • scottaskingerscottaskinger Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @QHalo
    While we haven’t made the decision as to what will be included in the overall vSphere package, I can tell you that we have plans for 3 more vSphere courses this year which will make up a VCAP-DCA package. These courses will go in-depth into Security, Performance, and PowerCLI and help VMware Admins both in their real-world virtual infrastructure as well as in preparing for the VMware VCAP-DCA certification exam.

@ChrisDearden
    Thanks for the feedback and for being a customer!

Let me know if I can support in any other way.

Thanks,

Scott
    Scott Skinger
    President, Founder of TrainSignal.com
    Scott at TrainSignal.com
  • dongafforddongafford Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was offered a chance to look at the course by the Director of Product Development at Train Signal. I have been working through the course, and have finished about 20% of the course so far.

Who Am I
    I am a VCP3 and 4 and VMware consultant in the San Francisco Bay Area. I work with small to large sized customers and I perform VMware troubleshooting (break-fix), migrations, and design work on a daily basis. I also have a background in Windows and Exchange technologies and email archiving. I have gone through the vSphere Training Package prior to working through this training.

The Good
    There is a LOT of information packed into the course so far. The instructor knows his stuff and the course shows him performing the tasks covered on the screen rather than him just talking about it. He explains what he's doing and why. The course is almost 14 hours long and at the beginning I felt that it was a bit long and there would be no way you could fill up 14 hours with troubleshooting steps. So far, I have been pleasantly surprised. This course is targeted for VCPs, but the course covers the troubleshooting steps in such a way that someone who is not a VCP could use this course with a good amount of VMware knowledge.

The Not So Good
    The course is positioned as training for a part of the VCAP-DCA exam; specifically Section 6: Advanced Troubleshooting. I would have liked to see a more comprehensive VCAP-DCA exam training.

I will post more when I get through the course. I just wanted to get some quick comments up here for people who were thinking about picking up the course. I will check back later today and answer any questions you have. I am off to continue through the course.

-Don
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey Gomjaba-

Thanks for your interest in Train Signal! We just released the VMware Troubleshooting course yesterday so doubtful anybody here has it yet.

Would you be interested in a free copy of this course in exchange for your thoughts on it? Nothing formal, just your overall opinion of this course. You can email us, post here, call me, whatever works best for you.

I want to make sure that we have the best training on the market and I'm always looking for feedback.

Have a great day and thanks once again for being a Train Signal customer.

Scott

And this is exactly how you get dedicated customers. Bravo Scott!
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    @QHalo
    While we haven’t made the decision as to what will be included in the overall vSphere package, I can tell you that we have plans for 3 more vSphere courses this year which will make up a VCAP-DCA package. These courses will go in-depth into Security, Performance, and PowerCLI and help VMware Admins both in their real-world virtual infrastructure as well as in preparing for the VMware VCAP-DCA certification exam.

@ChrisDearden
    Thanks for the feedback and for being a customer!

Let me know if I can support in any other way.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to seeing how things turn out.