Wish me luck

jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
Well, there's no Steelers game this week, so the 640-802 is booked for Sunday afternoon. I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm looking forward to getting this one done so I can get back to the Microsoft exams.

Wish me luck!
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck Sir!

Getting the CCNA is probably the best achievement before getting his CCIE # ;)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck!
    Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

• Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Good Luck!!! Let us know how it goes!
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    I just got home from the testing center.

I have never been more certain that I not only failed, but epicly failed. I was expecting a score in the low 700s or worse.

I know for sure I bombed one sim question. Everything looked right to be, but I wasn't getting the result I expected when I tested it. This was about in the middle of the exam, and I had spent 10 minutes on this one question, so I decided to cut my losses and moved on.

I just clicked through all the end of exam stuff, figuring the only thing that would be useful to me would be the breakdown of the areas I did poorly in on the printed score report. I got up in disgust/disappointment and left the exam room.

I was shocked when I went to sign out, and got a look at my printed score report. I passed. And with a pretty good score too - not just barely scraping by. I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, I still say VCP is the hardest cert exam I've ever sat for, but this was a close second. I probably didn't spend as much time studying as I should have (only about a month of serious knuckle down studying), but I'm definitely glad to be moving back to the MCSE track!
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • BrandonXBrandonX Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrat on the pass. What was your score?
    Currently working on:
    1) Master in CyberSecurity at NU.edu
    2) ICND1

2011 goals:
    ICND2 ( End Feb 2011?)
    MCITP:
    70-680: (End of March 2011)
    70-640: ????
    70-642: ????
    70-643: ????
    70-647: ????
    Resume:

BS ITM
    Bachelor of Business Administration
    Security+
    Network+
    885. Could've done better, obviously, but I'm pretty happy with it considering I know for sure one sim was definitely wrong.
  • seekritseekrit Member Posts: 103
    Not if you got 100% :)

Congrats! Visualization is no joke, and kodo's on taking the 802 instead of the dual tests. That's not easy to do..
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Good job dude. So you where so sure you failed that you blindly clicked threw the screen that says you passed ??
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
    Pretty much. It's not unusual for me to think I've failed when I've done well - pretty much every exam I take, I get an uneasy feeling when I click "end exam" and wait for the score to churn out. In fact, the one time I've felt "That was hard, but I think I did all right" was the only time I've failed.

This time, I was sure I did poorly. I actually did a double take at the printed report, until I saw that was definitely my name and picture on it!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jmritenour wrote: »
    I passed.
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulation :))))!!!
    Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

• Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Awesome!!! Congrats!!
    Wow, I already got the confirmation email from Cisco. It came last night at around midnight. They move quick!
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Job well done, Congratulations!
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130