Options

ROUTE Exam this friday !

tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well my thread about it !
200$ paid, Friday after noon i'm on it!

Here's my final scores on the Boson Ex-Sim max since December 16. My first score was very BAD.

I started reading the Route book in November for reviewing a bit for my CCNA exam on December 9th for routing protocols and then when my ccna completed, i've moved completly to that new stuff and to be honest, i LOVED reading this book and practicing all those concepts.

Now it's time for the real exam !!! ;)
I've just finished the 157 questions including about 6-7 labs and now i feel very confident. The labs are a bit dumb because when you get 1 error, you fail the lab.
I think Cisco grade you command by command or something like this, but i'm not 100% sure.

screenshot027xo.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Passed with 844!

Implement an EIGRP based solution - 73%
    Implement a multi-area OSPF - 89%
    Implement an eBGP based solution - 80%
    Implement an IPV6 based solution - 100%
    Implement an IPV4 or IPV6 based redistribution - 44%
    Implement Layer 3 path control solution - 86%
    Implement basic teleworker and branch services - 75%

The exam was fair overall and was tight in time. (I took 10-15 minutes per labs)
    I finished with about 1-2 minutes left and i was afraid a bit but the labs probably saved me. Some questions were quite weird but at the end, i passed so.....let's drink some beers!!!

Tom
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!

Being good at Boson exams doesn't necessarily mean you can pass the real thing but it looks like it worked for you.

Great job!

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    congrats man I hear its a tough one, huge acheivement.

Are you going for SWITCH now? Good luck!
  • Options
    jovan88 wrote: »
    congrats man I hear its a tough one, huge acheivement.

Are you going for SWITCH now? Good luck!

I've started reading the book in december, however i think the step between the CCNA and SWITCH is much higher than CCNA and ROUTE. So i don't think i could nail it as fast. Routing is also my favorite subject i must say ;)

In the CCNA, i had some difficulties to be familiar with STP and now we must add to this....loopguard...rootguard....blablabla!

So even if i started the book, i will review my notes about QoS and read the certification guide and pass the exam before the end of february because after that, it isnt a prerequisite anymore. So if anyhow, i need to nail the ccnp voice, i'll have 3 years...but i'm not loving voice so much.
    And the CCIP interest me much more than the CCNP so i will probably do my next exams this way:

1. QoS 642-642
    2. BGP 642-661
    3. SWITCH 642-813
    4. TSHOOT 642-832
    5. MPLS 642-611
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've started reading the book in december, however i think the step between the CCNA and SWITCH is much higher than CCNA and ROUTE. So i don't think i could nail it as fast. Routing is also my favorite subject i must say ;)

In the CCNA, i had some difficulties to be familiar with STP and now we must add to this....loopguard...rootguard....blablabla!

So even if i started the book, i will review my notes about QoS and read the certification guide and pass the exam before the end of february because after that, it isnt a prerequisite anymore. So if anyhow, i need to nail the ccnp voice, i'll have 3 years...but i'm not loving voice so much.
    And the CCIP interest me much more than the CCNP so i will probably do my next exams this way:

1. QoS 642-642
    2. BGP 642-661
    3. SWITCH 642-813
    4. TSHOOT 642-832
    5. MPLS 642-611

I'd suggest you just do the BGP+MPLS composite, or at least one after the other. The material is very complimentary and you can learn them together pretty well. On top of that, whats the point of taking all the CCIP exams but one and then going to another track? icon_scratch.gif

Oh, and congrats on the pass!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
    congrats. I just took that test last week. Tough test! I'm currently studying for SWITCH. I'll let you know how hard it is if i passed. lol
  • Options
    I'd suggest you just do the BGP+MPLS composite, or at least one after the other. The material is very complimentary and you can learn them together pretty well. On top of that, whats the point of taking all the CCIP exams but one and then going to another track? icon_scratch.gif

Oh, and congrats on the pass!

For QoS, it's fresh material because i just finished my semester at college and i bought the book to have some reading in english (College is french here) so i think i could pass it right after reading the book.

And since i loved BGP, policing and redistributions much, i think it might be easier to step into BGP straight away but for the MPLS someone said me that i should pass SWITCH before because of the RIB, CEF and stuff like that?

I would appreciate if you have better suggestions?

Tom
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd suggest finishing off either the NP or the IP before moving on to the next. BGP+MPLS go together well and is suggest anyone going for the IP to go for that exam rather than separate.

The goal is to get certified after all.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.