MCITP: Which one?

paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been troubleshooting Windows desktops professionally for the last 5 years. My question is what MCITP exam should I go for? I am not clear on the differences. Please explain. Thanks for the time in advance.

MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7
Exam 70-680
Exam 70-685

MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7
Exam 70-680
Exam 70-686

MCITP: Consumer Support Technician
Exam 70-620
Exam 70-623

MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
Exam 70-620
Exam 70-622

Comments

• Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    The top two are Windows 7 certs while the bottom two are Vista. My opinion would be to skip the Vista exams.

My top suggestion would be to get the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 cert as it's the most real world and the knowledge gained would most likely be used.

I'd love to go more in depth with deployment and get the Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 but with my current job opportunities it would probably be a waste.
  • alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    I'd agree with Repo Man. (Unless your workplace has all Vista PCs and they require you to do the Vista exam)

Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 sounds like it would be more related to what you have been doing.

If you want knowledge on Windows 7 deployment and group policy then the Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 path would be useful to. Its a more higher level path to follow
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would also agree to skip Vista and go straight to Windows 7 unless your job requires it.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the info guys I will go for the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    so as far as the Win 7 ones goes, the EDST7 is just like MCDST but for 7? like being a desktop support tech for people using windows 7?

but then the EDA7 is for people who are installing 7 to large groups or something like that?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark