Which COMPTIA card(s) do you carry?

futurethat88futurethat88 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
So whats in your wallet?

Its a bit silly I think to carry 3 separate ones. I was hoping they would combine them on to one like merit badges on a sash but alas, I have 3 separate cards.

Or do you carry one at all?

Or did you make your own cards? I could go the vistaprint route.

I am wondering what is a convenient way to carry my credentials with me and be able to show to people who wonder what they mean.

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    They're called wallet cards for a reason....I carry all of them and I'm not ashamed. Do I flash them?? Not really...

My Sec+/Project+ will probably last a long time....my A+/Network+ ones are becoming unrecognizable.....I'm debating whether to fork over the $25 each to get the new ones...but I can't see myself giving CompTIA anymore money.....lol.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have all 3 in my wallet, plus a couple for M$. You never know when it might be handy to have 'em.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I carry all 4 with me, just because they're wallet cards and they don't take up any room :)

-Ken
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I have them in a business card holder, since I have no business cards
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • brianeaglesfanbrianeaglesfan Member Posts: 130
    None...
    Me either... figure if an employer is concerned with confirming them I can always provide the certificates or let them view my transcript.
    Complete: MSMIS, MBA, EPIC certified
    In progress: CPHIMS, CAPM
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    I have my Net+ one in my wallet it works well as an ice scraper for my windshield in the morning. I would carry my A+ card but I lost it a long time ago. I have my CCENT wallet card in my wallet as well. I got my MCP after MS had quit sending out the cards.
  • Krusty_47Krusty_47 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have my Network + and A+ in my wallet. The A+ is the blue paper one from back in 2000. I am still waiting for my Security+ and my renewed A+ to show up. Those will be going in also. I think I'm going to run out of room in my wallet if I keep going.
    Goals for 2011.

Graduate from WGU by Dec 2011. I have almost 80 CU's starting in February. This is also my new years resolution for 2011.

On the list for January 2011
    Project+ and CIW Foundations.
    hey, why does this thread have a little blue ticket on it?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    hey, why does this thread have a little blue ticket on it?

10th poster in the thread wins a prize! Congratulations! icon_lol.gif
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When you make a thread there is a text box that says "tags". The creator of the thread filled that out.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    None. I keep them in my portfolio that I bring to interviews and such. I know they would just end up getting damaged in my wallet and I don't feel the need to pull them out in the supermarket to brag to strangers.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    None. I keep them in my portfolio that I bring to interviews and such. I know they would just end up getting damaged in my wallet and I don't feel the need to pull them out in the supermarket to brag to strangers.

haha, nice... I did that with my A+ when I went to my interview
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • mypcrepairguymypcrepairguy Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    None, I generally bring a copy of my MS and CompTIA transcript to interviews just in case solid documentation is needed.
    (Start date 1/01/2011) BSIT: Network Design and Management

Units to Complete: (33)
    CLC1, WFV1(LOL), AKV1, TPV1(wip), AHV1, AIV1, AJV1

Transfered Units: (34)
    BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1,

Completed Units by Certification: (30)
    TEV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, TSV1

:study:currently reading: CompTIA Project+ Study Guide (Exam PK0-003) by Kim Heldman and William Heldman
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    None. They sit in the file cabinet with my certificates in the same envelope they came in. Ive only ever needed certification validation once, and even then just making copies and sending them in a PDF over to the requesting party was sufficient for them. I have WAY too many loyalty cards in my wallet... Subway... Panera... Supermarket, Pet People, the list goes on, to think about carrying something that i would never need to produce.

Its not like you get stopped and a cop finds a computer in your car they ask for A+ credentials. LOL
    I have WAY too many loyalty cards in my wallet... Subway... Panera... Supermarket, Pet People, the list goes on,

I have a seperate wallet just for this purpose in my truck
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • MechaniXMechaniX Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nope, never have and probably never will. My wallet is full of enough junk as it is. Maybe if I had a purse....

icon_neutral.gif
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    MechaniX wrote: »
    Nope, never have and probably never will. My wallet is full of enough junk as it is. Maybe if I had a purse....

icon_neutral.gif

+1.. if only i had a murse hehe

does MS and Cisco have cards as well?
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    For several years I was a paying member of itpro.comtia.org and the membership card had all of my comptia certs on it. I carried that card around in my wallet. However I let my membership lapse in may of last year and didn't see a reason to renew. I have not followed up to see what has changed. I still have that card, unfortunatly it is missing my last 3 comptia certs.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I keep them in my interview folder in the business card sleeve. Haven't been asked to show them but they're sitting there so when i'm asking questions or going over something for the interview they're in plain sight.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    I keep my A+ & Network+ in a pocket in my binder, they're the older cardstock type cards. The Security+ is more recent and made of plastic, so I keep it in my wallet.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used to carry my A+ wallet card when I first got it but no one has ever asked to see it so I stopped carrying it.
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    Yea I have my (A+, Net+, Sec+, CCENT) cards in my wallet right now because if I remove them all my other cards will fall out as the wallet has expanded to that size.

Nobody has ever even asked for proof of my certifications in interviews...only once had me register my M$ exam with the company, but yea I always found that interesting.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »

Yeah, I bought a small blue binder to hold my certifications and ID cards. When I was first getting certs, I was like OMG and put them in my wallet. But I'd rather carry around a LV wallet than those cards.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    for some of hte msdn stuff microsoft checks the number of people in the company that are microsoft certified

i carried my 4 comptia cards for about a week then i realised they made my wallet too big
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah, I bought a small blue binder to hold my certifications and ID cards. When I was first getting certs, I was like OMG and put them in my wallet. But I'd rather carry around a LV wallet than those cards.

What exactly is a LV wallet? First I was thinking a Las Vegas wallet. But those are usually empty. then I was thinking the "Bad Motherfucker" wallet on pulp fiction.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Louie Vutton for the materialistic. Girls like it more than CompTIA cards.

But honestly, after awhile, especially after you start acquiring more and more certs, it just seems pointless. If you're going to a job interview, bring the magic binder to show them or bring a transcript like others mentioned.
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have no cards in my wallet. It seems unnecessary the only people care is during measuring contests and during the job hiring process. In the end the certs are either in the office or in a binder for hiring.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    badboyeee wrote: »
    does MS and Cisco have cards as well?

MS used to but stopped a couple years ago. They said in the monthly letter back in like September that they would be back due to popular demand but I haven't heard a word about it since.

Not positive on Cisco, but since another poster said he has a CCENT card, I'm gonna go with yes.
    Decide what to be and go be it.