New to the Site. Taking exams in a week

BastardBastard Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, ive been reading this board for the past hour or so, and I like what I read. icon_thumright.gif
I am about to get b*tch slapped by about 8 or so exams in the next month, and need all the support I can get. I have been in extensive research and study since about January or so, and am about to start chipping away at the mountain exams I have to take. Any tips for studying the mentioned certs to my left here? <
B===Þ

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    That's a nice wishlist...
    uhm... do you have any hands-on experience?
  • BastardBastard Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes.. a LOT, lol. I've been spending pretty much the last 5 months working with harware, server implementation, I am about to take my Cisco class, and I guess thats nothing BUT hands-on... I know it looks impossible, but I'm giving this everything I've got. I could probably pass A+ right now as I sit, and maybe even Net+. But the MS exams are going to be a killer, because those exams are of different flavor. More "where at" and "how to". I think I need to visit the Matrix, and download all the info directly into my brain.
    B===Þ
    icon_lol.gif 5 months is not a LOT of experience.... nevertheless I never said it is impossible. Those certs without the experience to go with it doesn't make the certs much worth in most employers minds...

Good luck with your quest!
    It depends on how much time you spend in a day working with this stuff. I have been using it every spare minute I have, and it has been really hard. If that is the case, then I must have learned something right? Most people dont think about this stuff when they go home from work, but I work with this stuff ALL DAY LONG. I WORK on/with a computer, I go to SCHOOL and work with computers, I go HOME and work on computers.... My piddly "5 months" is probably more like 1 to 1 1/2 years "real world" experience. And for a 30k Network Associate position, thats not too ridiculous. I will pass these exams. I've spent FAR too much time thinking, doing, and working on it to friggin fail.
    B===Þ
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    you seem to have the determination, but i don't recall you mentioning books in your posts.

what scores are you getting in our practise tests?

we are here to back you all the way!
    A+ Moderator
  • JamesfJamesf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    5 months is nothing, I have about 7 months and I still have trouble with hardware, networking and software. Well not much in the hardware area. I think u really need to rethink about ur plans. Im the same thing Im on the computer alot like 8 hours or more and its still hard for me, well u can do whatever u want to do Good luck
    Welcome to James (f)Cares(f) you're Special...Special...no really you're Special! :D
  • ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    all i could say good luck
    bellboy is right also
  • khpchankhpchan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I believe it's too risky for you to take these cert exams. I have around 4 to 5 years of experience. I have worked in a computer retailer, a small company (<10) and a medium company (150-200).

All I can say is that since the A+ exams did indeed cover a lot of ground. You have to study like from the Pentiums to Pentium 4's, from EDO to DDR or RAMBUS. E.g. Your 5 months of work experience will usually limit you to see one generation of PCs (i.e. only P4's, only P2's, only P1's,... only AT, only ATXs...), so your disadvantages will be on the other stuffs that you don't have experience on. You have to really study hard, I believe.

It's just my 2 cents.
    By the way....
    A+
    Net+
    ..... 2 down, 3 to go.
    B===Þ
  • WyldstarWyldstar Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That does seem like a lot of exams in one month! It's very possible to do it, I think, but man, talk about getting burned out :D . I can see doing the MCSA and the A+/Net+ in a month since that's only really about 5 exams, and I've routinely had to take that many MUCH more difficut exams in a month getting my Computer Eng. degree.. but from what I've seen Sec+ and CCNA are not quite as simple.. good luck to you.. I'll be interested to see how you do!

- WS
    thank you very much. I have a lot of people doubting me, but they will see. A+ was ridiculously easy, and Net+ was in the kinda difficult area. I am getting ready for the MS exams now.... EEsh.
    But nonetheless! Thank you for supporting me as others do not. It is going to be very hard for me, because its a lot to learn, and not very much time to learn it. But I am pretty dedicated, so I should be able to get this outta the way.

Comp. Eng degree eh? That must've been fun... I don't even wanna know the math classes you had to take. Where did you get your degree?
    B===Þ
    Bastard wrote:
    By the way....
    A+
    Net+
    ..... 2 down, 3 to go.

Congrats Bastards!

Good luck with the others and let us know how it goes.

Please share some info about the preparation material you are using...
    How are the other certs coming along Bastard?
  • AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187