Options

Passed CCNA 4, time for the composite CCNA exam

YahelYahel Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
So... after 14 bloody months of the academy training I am finally done with it, THANKS GOD !!!! It was so long and stupid journey, because we didn't even saw a router or switch during this 14 months... Yes I know, I got OWNED.
Didn't know anything about cisco or networking, that's why I signed in...

Anyway..it's now over...and I am looking forward to pass composite exam.I will probably take it by the end of the january, I just need to rewiev all the theory..
Any advices? It's kinda boring to read ccna 1-2-3 again....but I have forgotten most of the theory... so should I read Odoms's book again, or something else ? I do have Todd Lammle's book.
Any advice higly appreciated
CCNA = Passed (01-02-2011)
NEXT : CCNP ROUTE

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, I think you should read Odom's books and use the CCNA courses to help. I used some of the courses to help with stuff that I don't understand. I don't think it's a good idea to take the exam at the end of this month if you forgot most of the theory.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I paid 2000 euro for a 6 month CCNA course. I can barely keep myself awake as the instructor reads from the cisco academy online material, and we wont be seeing any equipment.

Using CBT nuggets and eventually my own lab I will pass the CCNA on my own. I have already overtaken the class, and once I get my hands on the equipment I might not finish it and go ahead and pass my CCNA before the class ends in March.

I never thought I could pass the CCNA before the course though. It gave me the focus I needed to do this on my own, so its not all for nothing :)

I have not passed the ICND1 yet so I cant really give advice. I am slowly building a network on packet tracer and expanding, and using different protocols along the way, and will be doing this to keep myself sharp for the exam.

Kai.
  • Options
    greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kai123 wrote: »
    I paid 2000 euro for a 6 month CCNA course.

lol 2000 lots of money, I paid for 8month course 800 £ but was worth it!!

Yahel- read, read, do as much labs as possible.. a week before my exam I took week of and studied all day long...
    Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

• Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    What a ripoff! My Cisco Networking Academy course lab room had 2 HUGE racks with at least a dozen routers and switches. Our instructor gave us a spool of cable and had us cable the entire lab. I'm sorry you didn't get this valuable experience icon_sad.gif

I have to agree with you that the Cisco Academy online material is rather dry...it was so boring I wound up not completing the program (I was dumber in my early 20s than I am now). Figured I could finish my studies on my own. As you can see in my certs list to the right of this window I never finished studying and took the exam icon_lol.gif

I'm reading Odom's book ICND1, it's pretty good. If you want to get some actual labbing in without using real equipment Free CCNA Workbook might help you out a bit. Good luck on the exam!
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.