Options

Starting CHFI

-Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
Well, I got the books today and am starting on CHFI. We'll see how it goes. Anyone have any recent experience with it?

Comments

• Options
    ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    -Foxer- wrote: »
    Well, I got the books today and am starting on CHFI. We'll see how it goes. Anyone have any recent experience with it?

Can't say for myself, but a colleague of mine is taking a 5-day course/test for CHFI next week ill try to report back his experience.

I am very interesting in the cert content and will likely just study the content for fun, but I haven't decided to go for the cert yet.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Can you ask your colleague to ask the instructor if the course material has significantly changed since 2007? I took a CHFI course back then but I never attempted the certification. I still have my course books though.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    docrice wrote: »
    Can you ask your colleague to ask the instructor if the course material has significantly changed since 2007? I took a CHFI course back then but I never attempted the certification. I still have my course books though.

Sure thing ill email him tomorrow regarding your question as I am interested as well.

This is the book they are using: Link
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA