Options

Lammle 640-816 (ICND2) ?

ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
Does Todd Lammle have a book covering just the ICND2? I've read all but about 125 pages of Odom's ICND1 book and wanted to try out Todd Lammle's book for the ICND2. From what I've heard Todd Lammle's composite exam book is a little bit easier read, but don't know that this book would suit my purposes.

I'm taking the ICND1 at the end of this month hopefully and need to take the ICND2 before April. I want CCNA on my resume before I begin the big job hunt. This is assuming the challenge of these two exams doesn't beat me down!
Climb a mountain, tell no one.

Comments

• Options
    toddlammletoddlammle Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ehnde wrote: »
    Does Todd Lammle have a book covering just the ICND2? I've read all but about 125 pages of Odom's ICND1 book and wanted to try out Todd Lammle's book for the ICND2. From what I've heard Todd Lammle's composite exam book is a little bit easier read, but don't know that this book would suit my purposes.

My CCNA 6th edition covers the ICND1 and ICND2 exam objectives in one book. There are many posts at lammle.com/forum disussing the various chapters and information to read for each exam.

However, regardless of how many books you read, you just must get hands-on expereince. Cisco's Packet Tracer is best, but there are many other's out there. Switching with VLAN/VTP and STP are critical to your success.

Cheers!
    Todd Lammle
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    toddlammle wrote: »
    My CCNA 6th edition covers the ICND1 and ICND2 exam objectives in one book. There are many posts at lammle.com/forum disussing the various chapters and information to read for each exam.

However, regardless of how many books you read, you just must get hands-on expereince. Cisco's Packet Tracer is best, but there are many other's out there. Switching with VLAN/VTP and STP are critical to your success.

Cheers!
    Todd Lammle

Wow, a reply from the author! You just made my day icon_lol.gif I'll check lammle.com/forum and see what chapters to focus on. I'm getting the book as a gift to myself for passing the ICND1, I think I'd already decided on that based on the reviews listed on Amazon.com: CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802 eBook: Todd Lammle: Kindle Store and other people's opinions on TE. I'm using 2 different labbing resources, the textbook source is the only uncertainty I had.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.