Options

Conversion of ebooks & videos to iPad

ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
Has anyone tried to put any of the Cisco training videos on their iPads (or iPhone for that matter)?

I just got an iPad for the holidays, and I would really love to put all my eBooks and Training Videos on it, I install the Sybex book on it, as it came with a eBook/PDF version, it works ok, but the iPad really uses a format called ePub.

As to video I have converted movies before using Handbrake, but have yet to try the training videos, I don't think they are standard DVD type files.
Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
c0op3r.com

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    For PDF support on the ipad, invest the 99cents for the GoodReader app, it's worth it.
  • Options
    greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ZeroHunter wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to put any of the Cisco training videos on their iPads (or iPhone for that matter)?

I just got an iPad for the holidays, and I would really love to put all my eBooks and Training Videos on it, I install the Sybex book on it, as it came with a eBook/PDF version, it works ok, but the iPad really uses a format called ePub.

As to video I have converted movies before using Handbrake, but have yet to try the training videos, I don't think they are standard DVD type files.

try jailbreak , than you can use any software you want, without pay anything to itunes.
    Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

• Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    For PDF support on the ipad, invest the 99cents for the GoodReader app, it's worth it.
    I agree with you.
    The best PDF reader app is Goodreader. Also, you can save your videos onto Goodreader.

Stay away from iAnnotate. This app is too expensive and not really good unlike Goodreader.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    If you add the PDF files to a library in iTunes you can simply sync them in the Books section and read them in iBooks.
  • Options
    Brass KnucklesBrass Knuckles Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I put all the CBT Nuggets videos on my iPad along with my CCNA book by Richard Deal (which already came in pdf format on the disc). Goodreader was the best for the book because iBooks and Stanza screwed up the charts and fonts in the tables of the book and made it jumbled.

I used 1Step DVD Copy to convert the CBT Nuggets videos to .mp4 format (selecting iPad video out setting). Then, I dragged all the converted files to iTunes. That's it!

Good luck!
  • Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    I put all the CBT Nuggets videos on my iPad along with my CCNA book by Richard Deal (which already came in pdf format on the disc). Goodreader was the best for the book because iBooks and Stanza screwed up the charts and fonts in the tables of the book and made it jumbled.

I used 1Step DVD Copy to convert the CBT Nuggets videos to .mp4 format (selecting iPad video out setting). Then, I dragged all the converted files to iTunes. That's it!

Good luck!

Hi

Thanks for the info here! Im looking to get my CBT's to IPAD! Any chance you could post how you did it with 1step DVD copy please?

Thanks

Kevin
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • Options
    Brass KnucklesBrass Knuckles Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kevin31 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks for the info here! Im looking to get my CBT's to IPAD! Any chance you could post how you did it with 1step DVD copy please?

Thanks

Kevin

Are you able to locate the .wmv files from the CBT Nuggets series on your computer? What I did was simply take all those files and save them to my deskptop in one big CBT folder. From there, all you really have to do is open 1Step DVD Copy and select "Save DVD to Video Files" and go select those .wmv files. In the settings for Output Format, select iPad (although the iPod format saves memory at the expense of video quality). It will take probably a couple of hours to convert everything to .mp4 format. From there, just locate the .mp4 files and drag them all into your iTunes just as you would any song or other movie that you want to sync.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Are you able to locate the .wmv files from the CBT Nuggets series on your computer? What I did was simply take all those files and save them to my deskptop in one big CBT folder. From there, all you really have to do is open 1Step DVD Copy and select "Save DVD to Video Files" and go select those .wmv files. In the settings for Output Format, select iPad (although the iPod format saves memory at the expense of video quality). It will take probably a couple of hours to convert everything to .mp4 format. From there, just locate the .mp4 files and drag them all into your iTunes just as you would any song or other movie that you want to sync.

Hope this helps.

I must be a retard; I downloaded 1Step, and point it at a folder on my desktop with the CBT WMV files, but it tells me nothing is selected, what am I doing wrong.

I am shocked that HandBrake wont convert these either.
    Z3r0

c0op3r.com
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I must be a retard; I downloaded 1Step, and point it at a folder on my desktop with the CBT WMV files, but it tells me nothing is selected, what am I doing wrong.

I am shocked that HandBrake wont convert these either.

If I remember right, the damn things use a proprietary codec called TechSmith, which is only available for Windows. So you need the codec installed before you can convert them to a more friendly format
  • Options
    If I remember right, the damn things use a proprietary codec called TechSmith, which is only available for Windows. So you need the codec installed before you can convert them to a more friendly format

Nope did not work, but there is something odd about those files.
    Z3r0

c0op3r.com
  • Options
    OK I found a program that will do what I needed, its called iSkysoft DRM Removal.

Up side: Its converts Directly to Ipad
    It Uses MultiCore and Cuda Processing (cool)
    Nice interface.

Downside: $30.oo!
    Z3r0

c0op3r.com
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    anyone tried this??

Download Any Video Converter 3.17 - FileHippo.com

i wanna convert my TS / Nugget videos to play on my itouch, and even my winmo phone
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    badboyeee wrote: »
    anyone tried this??

i wanna convert my TS / Nugget videos to play on my itouch, and even my winmo phone

The TrainSignal ones you can do with HandBrake which is free!
    Z3r0

c0op3r.com
  • Options
    The TrainSignal ones you can do with HandBrake which is free!

Okay thanks, I'll check it out. I downloaded AVC last night but didn't install it yet. The videos I have are in .WMV format but for some reason my WinMo phone will only play the audio, it must need to be compressed or something. Also wanted to use my gf's iTouch, I assume they would need to be in .MOV format to play?

Class taking:

• Options
    Okay thanks, I'll check it out. I downloaded AVC last night but didn't install it yet. The videos I have are in .WMV format but for some reason my WinMo phone will only play the audio, it must need to be compressed or something. Also wanted to use my gf's iTouch, I assume they would need to be in .MOV format to play?

HandBrake will convert to both those formats; but the format for the iTouch is MP4. Its a preset in HandBrake.
    Z3r0

c0op3r.com
  • Options
    HandBrake will convert to both those formats; but the format for the iTouch is MP4. Its a preset in HandBrake.

ok cool thanks for the info!

Class taking:

• Options
    TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can also get the VLC player app for iPad which will play WVM files without needing to convert them. And all of our TS videos will stream on the iPad from Train Signal - Computer Training Videos - Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, CompTIA & more!
  • Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    anyone tried this??

Hi

Just to update you as I have my Ipad 2 now :) The above worked very well converted them all to mp4 and play fine on pc. Going to upload them to ipad tonight so will let you no.

Handbrake wouldnt read the files to convert so ended up with this as its free.

Kev
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550