Options

EIGRP-bandwidth use

greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I just study EIGRP , and have a question about bandwidth when we set on interface mode.I'd like to clarify why we use these command.
I know that EIGRP use up to 50% interface, or subinterface for routing traffic. I know how to change the percentage and where. My question is if someone with network experience can show me example when -the network situation, we change the percentage use of bandwidth for interface and why?

Thank you
Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

Comments

• Options
    deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
    An example would be a low speed serial circuit or ISDN which normally are used for backup purposes which you don't want to saturate with a routing protocol.
  • Options
    deth1k wrote: »
    An example would be a low speed serial circuit or ISDN which normally are used for backup purposes which you don't want to saturate with a routing protocol.

It means that we use ip bandwidth-percent when we don't want to saturate a link with a routing? Does this command is often used in normal industrial environment , when we use in Frame-Relay, when we actually need routing protocol to be proceed as fast as possible

• Options
    deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
    I've never seen it being used to be honets, not with todays bandwidth availability, maybe 5 or so years ago.
  • Options
    deth1k wrote: »
    I've never seen it being used to be honets, not with todays bandwidth availability, maybe 5 or so years ago.

OK, nowadays because of bandwidth availability we don't use and we leave on default? thank you.