Options

screen saver a day

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Been tasked to find a way to have a different screen saver come up on user's computers each day. Management wants to use a series of inspirational and motivational photos, and have them change daily. Any ever come across something like this?

Comments

• Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Been tasked to find a way to have a different screen saver come up on user's computers each day. Management wants to use a series of inspirational and motivational photos, and have them change daily. Any ever come across something like this?

Have you thought about a group policy?
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I'd assume just using a random photo screensaver would do it? Or does it specifically need to be a single photo each day? If so then photo screensaver and point it as a specific shared folder somewhere and just do a script that replaces the files in there every night.

This is a daft idea anyway. Use the screenblanker + DPMS and save energy + money! :D
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I dont agree with it, it is their decision. I am just trying to see if it is feasible.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Deploy using group policy and I think you will just have to manually change it. Isn't daily a bit excessive? I'd try and pitch the idea of changing it at least weekly. Daily is going to be more work on your part, plus I can see some end users getting upset that their screensaver is changing each day.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree, use a standard photo slide show screen saver that displays photos from a folder.

then simple run a script to change the content of that folder.

That give you static simple configuration on the desktops (always good for managment)

and very easy to update every one with a single change that does not need a config to be replcated to every pc..
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.