Options

EIGRP Metric calculation

solnsusiesolnsusie Member Posts: 128
Hi

I’m studying now about the EIGRP routing, and somehow I just can’t pick up the metric calculation, how the router configures the best path, and I was looking all over the internet for a detailed explanation, and I just can’t find something good I should understand it,

I would appreciate if somebody could explain it to me in very detail, or to send me a link for this explanation, I just don’t want to stop studying just because this misunderstanding.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    seekritseekrit Member Posts: 103
    Try the new Metric calculator Steve whipped up.

networking-forum.com - Practice EIGRP Metrics
  • Options
    seekrit wrote: »
    Try the new Metric calculator Steve whipped up.

networking-forum.com - Practice EIGRP Metrics

thanks loads, that was a real quick reply,

this calculator looks excellent, but I need a detailed “explanation” how to do It myself, what and why we multiply by what, and why we do it with this numbers etc… I should be able to do it by myself, I want to understand how to do it, without a calculator, what and why we multiply by what, and why we do it with this numbers etc…

thanks again and hope you or some other will be able to help me,
  • Options
    solnsusie wrote: »
    thanks loads, that was a real quick reply,

this calculator looks excellent, but I need a detailed “explanation” how to do It myself, what and why we multiply by what, and why we do it with this numbers etc… I should be able to do it by myself, I want to understand how to do it, without a calculator, what and why we multiply by what, and why we do it with this numbers etc…

thanks again and hope you or some other will be able to help me,

ok, I see it now on the previous link you sent me a full explanation which I didn’t sew before, so sorry for this comment, I will study it and if any questions I will come back to this wonderful forum.
    thanks again