Options

Vnc

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

Is there a way to have a password saved into VNC

I constantly keep re-connecting to my main PC and would rather just have a shortcut on my desktop that took me right to it without having to enter username and password, this would also apply for all my other PC's

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    VNC always prompts me when I do an Options-save/save as and asks if I want to save the shortcut with the password.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hmm just went over it with a fine tooth comb, no option to "save-as", I double click VNC Biewer and get the following box opening

VNC Viewer : Connection Details

Server : "PC name goes in here"

Encryption : Let Server Choose

Buttons are - About, Options, Connect and Close

In options there is no option to "Save-as"

Grrr
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Lee H wrote: »
    In options there is no option to "Save-as"
    Which version of VNC are you running? On the viewer screen and after a session is open either Options choice give me a tabbed popup window. On the Load/Save tab I have the save options.

I'm running RealVNC VNC Viewer Enterprise Edition -- but UltraVNC Win32 Viewer also asks about saving the password when I use the "Save connection info as option" from the menu of an open session.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Sweet! it works

I have same version as you and just assumed the "save-as" option would be prior to connecting

It has put an entry in the VNC address book, not a big issue tbh but do you know if its possible to have a shortcut on my desktop for each PC I connect to?

Thanks for your help
  • Options
    tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
    I've used RealVNC for years, and it for sure does have an option to save a shortcut that includes the password.

A word of advice, there are several versions of RealVNC out there, that are easily hacked and/or have severe security flaws in them, so be careful where and how your using it.