Options

Need Help on WGU Entrance exam

swadwekarswadwekar Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone

I have begun the admissions process and now I need to take the entrance test. I have read the old posts but I had following questions.

1) How hard is the test on math ?
2) Do I need to prepare extensivly on the following?
2a) Geometry
2b) Trignometry

I am comfortable with Algebra and calculus but have not revised geometry in a while. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Best.

Comments

• Options
    uhtrinityuhtrinity Member Posts: 138
    Sounds like it will be cake for you. It really wasn't hard at all.
    Technology Coordinator, Computer Lab Instructor, Network Admin
    BS IT Network Administration AAS Electronics / Laser Electro Optics
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    swadwekar wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

I have begun the admissions process and now I need to take the entrance test. I have read the old posts but I had following questions.

1) How hard is the test on math ?
    2) Do I need to prepare extensivly on the following?
    2a) Geometry
    2b) Trignometry

I am comfortable with Algebra and calculus but have not revised geometry in a while. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Best.

I guess it depends on you. I had 2 WGU accounts setup and I thought my first one was void since my second one had me assigned to another admissions councilor. So one night I was kinda bored, had the tv on and a few open beers when I decided to take the test using my old account and the next day I found out I passed.
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    Entrance exam is cake. I never took trig or geometry and passed it easily. hardest thing on it was some light algebra.
  • Options
    JoshD779JoshD779 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm not terribly strong with math, did no preparation whatsoever, and passed the entrance exam. You'll probably be fine. Good Luck!
    WGU BS-IT Network Design and Management

Complete: EWB, LAC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, WFV1, INC1, INT1, TEV1, TTV1, HVC1, HVT1, TNV1, CLC1, TSV1, LET1, TPV1, ORC1

Que:
    AKV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, MGC1, SSC1, SST1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1,BHV1, BIV1, TWA1, CPW3
  • Options
    uhtrinityuhtrinity Member Posts: 138
    The test is in no way proctored. I came out of it with the feeling that it was busy work, to weed out those that wouldn't take the test, or write the essay, because if you can't do that much you definitely won't succeed as a student.
    Technology Coordinator, Computer Lab Instructor, Network Admin
    BS IT Network Administration AAS Electronics / Laser Electro Optics
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah whatever you don't know, Google. That's what I did, worked out just fine for me.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    swadwekarswadwekar Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions. I am going to do it this weekend so I can move on.

Thanks and have anice evening.
  • Options
    cleanwithitcleanwithit Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was told by my EC, that if I felt weak with math to go to Math.com - World of Math Online
    A+, Network +, Linux +, MCP, MCTS, CCENT

A.S Network Administration