Options

Passed Ccent today!!!!

Javi437Javi437 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well after not passing it the 1st time the 2nd time was the charm. I passed with a 925 and oh do i feel good and this could not have been on a perfect day. I am leaving to Colorado today for a snowboarding trip and i will make sure to celebrate overthere. Thanks to all of you who have helped me and to this great site. I used Cbt Nuggets and cisco press plus my own lab that i have at home. Now what is the next step to get my cert?
CCENT

Comments

• Options
    Brass KnucklesBrass Knuckles Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

How did you approach studying after you failed the first time? I found it hard to actually remember what I DIDN'T know from the first time I took (and failed) the exam. I was so pressed for time that I couldn't concentrate on trying to remember the topics I had difficulty with. There were some items on the ICND1 that I am SURE are not on the syllabus for the CCENT (I checked and see them listed for ICND2). So, I'm kind of just going through the entire CCNA book again looking for topics that were on the ICND1 that jog my memory as being a topic I missed on the test.

I also just added the Boson CCENT test simulator to my current CBT Nuggets and Richard Deal CCNA textbook kit. Hopefully, it will weed out the topics I'm weak on.

BTW, I failed by a measly 4 points! If it weren't for the screaming kids and the teacher in the room next door talking loudly and two markers going dry, maybe I could have scored those 4 points to pass!

I'm bummed out.
  • Options
    seekritseekrit Member Posts: 103
    Failing Cisco exams is just part of the process of learning. Everyone fails a Cisco exam.

Congrats on the Pass, and have fun carving it up on the slopes. I'll be basking in the 74deg Arizona sunshine thinking about how you're freezing :)
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Congrats!

How did you approach studying after you failed the first time? I found it hard to actually remember what I DIDN'T know from the first time I took (and failed) the exam. I was so pressed for time that I couldn't concentrate on trying to remember the topics I had difficulty with. There were some items on the ICND1 that I am SURE are not on the syllabus for the CCENT (I checked and see them listed for ICND2). So, I'm kind of just going through the entire CCNA book again looking for topics that were on the ICND1 that jog my memory as being a topic I missed on the test.

I also just added the Boson CCENT test simulator to my current CBT Nuggets and Richard Deal CCNA textbook kit. Hopefully, it will weed out the topics I'm weak on.

BTW, I failed by a measly 4 points! If it weren't for the screaming kids and the teacher in the room next door talking loudly and two markers going dry, maybe I could have scored those 4 points to pass!

I'm bummed out.

Thanks everyone!!!! Im not sure what to tell you, i my self did not pass by 7 points back in Nov. I took Dec off to go snowboard and picked up the books to weeks ago and started reading again. I actually finished the test with 35 min left and when i noticed i was done i was very very nervous till i saw the score. All i could say is just keeping going at it brother. Also what is the next step to get my Cert from Cisco?
    CCENT
  • Options
    Brass KnucklesBrass Knuckles Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Javi437 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!!!! Im not sure what to tell you, i my self did not pass by 7 points back in Nov. I took Dec off to go snowboard and picked up the books to weeks ago and started reading again. I actually finished the test with 35 min left and when i noticed i was done i was very very nervous till i saw the score. All i could say is just keeping going at it brother. Also what is the next step to get my Cert from Cisco?

Thanks, dude.

Your next step is the ICND2 test, which will earn you the CCNA.
  • Options
    Thanks, dude.

Your next step is the ICND2 test, which will earn you the CCNA.

Well i mean as far as the icnd1, Isint there something i am supposed to do since i passed this one. Some type and paper cert for the icnd1?
    CCENT
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well after not passing it the 1st time the 2nd time was the charm. I passed with a 925 and oh do i feel good and this could not have been on a perfect day. I am leaving to Colorado today for a snowboarding trip and i will make sure to celebrate overthere. Thanks to all of you who have helped me and to this great site. I used Cbt Nuggets and cisco press plus my own lab that i have at home. Now what is the next step to get my cert?

Congrats...I want to go snowboarding. Where are you going?

MS
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!!!

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Congrats on the pass!! Do you mean what is the next step as in how you get your wallet card and such from Cisco? or what is the next step as in ICND2? If I remember correctly you'll get an email from cisco within a few days but I could be wrong. This is where you log into the certification tracking system. https://i7lp.integral7.com/durango/do/login?ownername=cisco&channel=cisco&basechannel=integral7
  • Options
    eMeS wrote: »
    Congrats...I want to go snowboarding. Where are you going?

MS

I am goign to copper mountain.
    CCENT
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Congrats!!!!! Have fun on the slopes!
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Well i mean as far as the icnd1, Isint there something i am supposed to do since i passed this one. Some type and paper cert for the icnd1?

I am wondering this same thing... I got an email that said I could get it in pdf, and to go to the intrigal website and request it in pdf. I did that, but haven't gotten anything since then. Today is the fifth day since I passed my exam so i'm hoping to get something soon.

EDIT: Got it!!!!! This is going to look good on my wall!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thank you all
    CCENT
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Nice comeback, congratulations and have fun! Wish I can go to Colorado for boarding, SoCal resorts aren't that great.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ltgenspecificltgenspecific Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! This is 2nd on my list this year of WIPs. Enjoy the snow!
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Nice comeback, congratulations and have fun! Wish I can go to Colorado for boarding, SoCal resorts aren't that great.

Pennsylvania rocks for skiing - I don't ski but I drive past a lot of resorts this time of year and I know for a fact we have tons of snow here plus snowmakers

Yup I just looked out my window and it is still below freezing and the snow is everywhere

My funniest skiing memory was taking my son to a snowboarding tournament in 2005

To my left I could see the ski lift and the operators fooked up and it was running way too fast. No one got hurt but it was awesome seeing the Japanese tourists rolling down the hill.

No offense to our Asian friends but I think some of them are still looking for their cameras to this day.

:)
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Netwurk wrote: »
    Pennsylvania rocks for skiing - I don't ski but I drive past a lot of resorts this time of year and I know for a fact we have tons of snow here plus snowmakers

Yup I just looked out my window and it is still below freezing and the snow is everywhere

My funniest skiing memory was taking my son to a snowboarding tournament in 2005

To my left I could see the ski lift and the operators fooked up and it was running way too fast. No one got hurt but it was awesome seeing the Japanese tourists rolling down the hill.

No offense to our Asian friends but I think some of them are still looking for their cameras to this day.

:)

haha.. ahh 2005, back when I had season passes.. now I have to use my money to pay for certs and study material.. those were the happy years
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    simplysimply Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Jav...
    What does your lab consist of?
  • Options
    I have an 831 for sdm, 2 2503 (old u know), 2 3550 switch and a 2924 switch. Planning to buy 2 more router hopefully I could get a deal on a 2620xm.
    CCENT
  • Options
    simplysimply Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You mentioned you have CBTNuggets? What specifically do you have:
    * ExSim
    * NetSim
    * Videos
  • Options
    simply wrote: »
    You mentioned you have CBTNuggets? What specifically do you have:
    * ExSim
    * NetSim
    * Videos

The Videos, i also have gns3 running but did not really used that.
    CCENT